USPS delivery time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mailed off my PPHM 10W30 uoa about three weeks ago and it's been saying this for over a week now:
[Linked Image]

I mailed one to Wix on the 14th of March. Wix completed the UOA and the efficient people at USPS still show it in transit.
The US Post Office is losing money and they can't even get a simple thing like this right?

Had that exact status a couple weeks ago on package that shipped from California to NC. Yes the package was finally delivered late...right at a week late.

Probably sitting on a trailer to be unloaded and processed.

Originally Posted by BigD1
Had that exact status a couple weeks ago on package that shipped from California to NC. Yes the package was finally delivered late...right at a week late.

Probably sitting on a trailer to be unloaded and processed.

Yup, all but one time that I've sent a sample this happens.

They've always reached their destination but it'll show in transit with no updates until it's been delivered. Frustrating to say the least.

Yeah, I'm seeing that same message for a Priority Envelope that contains all of our tax info that was mailed to our account in Pa 12 days ago. Been doing this since 2005 no problems. Envelope went from Az to Pittsburgh in 2 days then disappeared. You have to wait 7 business days to request a search by USPS.

Tried to fill out a missing mail search and the form won't let me click 2 necessary boxes.....Grrrrr....

Our USPS packages always says it's delivered two days before it's actually delivered. Pathetic.. They do that to just to try competing with UPS/Fedex aka fraud in my opinion. Not sure in your case but I wouldn't believe anything that website tells you!

It really depends on who is working at the location. I've had great dealings with the post office, and some terrible ones. Our local post office had this late 60's woman working there who had been on the verge of retiring for years and didn't care if people got their packages on time. She was rude and horrible to deal with. Recently a younger woman started working the counter (maybe 40s) who is very nice, helpful, etc.

All that aside, USPS is still one of the most inefficient carriers.

Stuck in the bottom of a mail bag somewhere. A piece can stay there for months until that bag is used again and or someone really EMPTIES it and gets your mail moving.

I ran a medical laboratory and samples mailed in often went into this "trap" only to show up months...YEARS latter.

Had the same message on a package for over a month that a guy sent to me. USPS could bring up a picture of the package and knew where it was located. No one seemed to have the power, the knowledge, or the desire to call wherever the package was located to get it moving again. The package contained three magazines for a Beretta 92. The sender eventually sent me four 15 round magazines, with tracking AND insurance on those. You will have to start a lost mail search to get any action. I even spoke to a postal inspector and could not get any action to occur.

Originally Posted by Eric Smith
Our USPS packages always says it's delivered two days before it's actually delivered. Pathetic.. They do that to just to try competing with UPS/Fedex aka fraud in my opinion.

We saw this frequently for months with USPS and Amazon deliveries. I was absolutely confident that it was the USPS blatantly lying in order to meet "delivery commitments" they agreed to with Amazon. I reported it to Amazon every time. Got multiple months of Prime for free too, not that I wanted or expected anything from Amazon either because it's not their fault (other than partnering with USPS).

My favorite incident with USPS and laziness was when they carrier didn't want to get out of their vehicle and carry items to our porch or door. What did she do ? She claimed our mailbox (at the street) was blocked. How did she notify us ? She put a little postcard in the mailbox with this explanation !!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mrsilv04
How did you package it before you mailed it?

I just dropped it off in Blackstone's prepaid mailer.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Yeah, I'm seeing that same message for a Priority Envelope that contains all of our tax info that was mailed to our account in Pa 12 days ago. Been doing this since 2005 no problems. Envelope went from Az to Pittsburgh in 2 days then disappeared. You have to wait 7 business days to request a search by USPS.

Tried to fill out a missing mail search and the form won't let me click 2 necessary boxes.....Grrrrr....

How do you request a search? I've never done that before.

The status on USPS tracking is still showing the same thing. "Arriving late,in transit". It's already been a month.

Just to add to this. I sent a sample off to Blackstone on Monday that was supposed to be delivered by Wednesday. Clearly that hasn't occurred.
[Linked Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back