2018 2.0T Accord 5,997 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sample was Castro's Edge 0w20. No oil added during this run. It was replaced by Mazda 0w20 High Moly Synthetic.

0310865C-35AF-4DB2-9532-7CD3984B1C01.jpeg

Originally Posted by Cujet
No surprise the aluminum is high with such thin oil.

Maybe the engine is still breaking in, it only had ~9,000 mi total at the time of this OCI? Though iron and copper are high(ish) they are trending down where as the aluminum is not. Is this engine DI as well as being turbo? If so maybe a 0/5/w-30 would offer more protection especially if you use the turbo more frequently.

Whimsey

That is correct DI Turbocharged. I was fairly light on the turbo the first 3,000 miles. My thought is I almost doubled my mileage this go around so maybe that's why the aluminum is higher? If it continues to stay high will have to look at what options are.

Same engine so good to see this. I'm changing at 4K and am probably going to give magnatec 5w30 a try. I think any d1g2 oil will do well , but I truly feel stepping up to. 0/5 w30 will be best.

D1G2 30 weight would be a great choice for any DI turbo engine that specs 20 weight.

What grade of fuel do you run?

Report looks good for a relatively new engine. How many oil changes prior to this?

Originally Posted by webfors
D1G2 30 weight would be a great choice for any DI turbo engine that specs 20 weight.

What grade of fuel do you run?

Report looks good for a relatively new engine. How many oil changes prior to this?

75% 91octane
25% 87octane
This was the second change.

This is the new report 7,099 miles on Mazda High Moly

PP 0w-20 was the replacement oil. Honda Oil filter stayed on
[Linked Image]

Same car here. I've got a fill of PPPP 5w30 in now. Looks like your0w20 fell out of grade but not as bad as I expected. Feel pretty good using the 5w30 but your fill is not alarming. If I could find a really heavy 20 I'd use it.

That got thin from fuel. Some of the Fe wear is from that, I'd say.
I'd switch to a 30-weight if you want to keep this car long-term.

Originally Posted by addyguy
That got thin from fuel. Some of the Fe wear is from that, I'd say.
I'd switch to a 30-weight if you want to keep this car long-term.

+1

Would you think letting the car warm up during the winter hurt? I did a lot of it probably every work day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back