How to ship bumper cover??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short I sold a bumper cover to a guy in North Dakota. I took it to UPS and they quoted me $243 to ship it. How do I ship it for a more reasonable price? Any help or ideas would be most appreciated.

Originally Posted by Donald
Ship to a business address may be less. Who is paying the shipping?

I'll call Greyhound. I am charging the buyer actual cost of shipping but he wants something reasonable.

Thanks. Anymore??

For items like that greyhound is your best bet. Car guys have been shipping bulky parts through them for many years.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Fastenal. They'll ship between branches cheaper than the dog.

I think Furniture Row/Denver mattress does something similar.

Fastenal. They'll ship between branches cheaper than the dog.

Isn't that how Purolator Courier got started?

We should know this stuff. It's an oil filter forum.
laugh.gif

Does this bumper cover fold in on itself? I can see it doing so new, but used may have lost some flexibility.

North Dakota what with the oil boom gets a lot of truck traffic/shipping. You would think a LTL would be relatively cheap for a light item like a bumper cover.

But Fastenal is all over the country. Never heard of Furniture Row/Denver mattress.

I know they did it because their NASCAR team was in Denver and they used the company trucks to transport parts between there, TRD in Costa Mesa, and Joe Gibbs Racing in Huntersville, NC.

I'd be careful if it is not someone you know.

Greyhound can be cheap but the review of 2 star out of 5 for 64 reviews seem iffy, bad tracking and possibility of lost can means you end up losing money on it instead.

A television collector I know of shipped a CRT set across country on Greyhound, for a reasonable rate. Nobody else would ship it because it was a CRT, and were not reasonable.

Philco Predicta Black and White Television, had leaky bumble bees, bad couplets, and the flyback needed rewaxed.

Last edited:
A lot of antique radios and TVs are shipped by Greyhound and Amtrak. There's very little handling involved, the stuff is carted to the train and carted out, same level. No conveyor belts. And it's a smooth ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back