Amsoil SS 0w30

New VOA of Amsoil SS 0w30

IMG_1855.PNG

IMG_1855.PNG

Holy Beegeezers Batman!!!
Look at all that Moly and Boron under one jug-roof.

Last time I said "Nice Package" to someone, that person was a Blonde and almost slapped me.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Last time I said "Nice Package" to someone, that person was a Blonde and almost slapped me.

I prefer my Blondes without a package but it's all good.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Thanks for VOA; why did they test TAN and not TBN? TAN is normally reserved for gear oils??

Thanks for VOA; why did they test TAN and not TBN? TAN is normally reserved for gear oils??

Don't know. I emailed them back asking why there was no TBN. I haven't heard from them yet.

I guess we are waiting on total base number… But TAN is important to establish a baseline - that way on a UOA the number is more accurate( at least when you subtract the starting number)

Also: good stuff!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

"Not That There's Anything Wrong With That" Jerry Seinfeld

Zinc and Phos pretty low and more silicon that I'd care to see in new oil... nothing really screams at me to buy it. MLM scheme and overpriced oil would have to really stand out to me before I choose it over something on the shelf at WalMart.

Originally Posted by racin4ds
Zinc and Phos pretty low and more silicon that I'd care to see in new oil... nothing really screams at me to buy it. MLM scheme and overpriced oil would have to really stand out to me before I choose it over something on the shelf at WalMart.

It's not new oil, it's a used sample on a new engine.

Originally Posted by bfleeman

Sorry, I got confused which forum I was in. Lol

It is a good additive package specially designed for gasoline direct injection engines.

You have to take into account another factor besides the additives that is the base.

Amsoil in its signature range uses a base with a concentration of 50% -60% group IV base oil and 10% -15% group V base oil.

I infinitely prefer it before many other oils with horse additives and a group III oil base.

Originally Posted by Arrechera

It is a good additive package specially designed for gasoline direct injection engines.

You have to take into account another factor besides the additives that is the base.

Amsoil in its signature range uses a base with a concentration of 50% -60% group IV base oil and 10% -15% group V base oil.

I infinitely prefer it before many other oils with horse additives and a group III oil base.

This gave me a good chuckle for the morning. Sometimes spell check comes up with odd corrections.

Then again, maybe there is a magical additive developed from horse urine?

The real question however is, where does Amsoil get their base and additive packages from?

Originally Posted by bfleeman

Then why did you post it in the Virgin Oil Analysis forum? If it isn't new oil, then this should be in the Used Oil Analysis forum.

Impressive add-pack and we all know Amsoil SS is impressive oil.
Did you have a few brewskis' - then put a used oil sample in the Virgin Oil Forum?

Welcome to My Club. I have been known to do stuff like that too. I forgive you.

Back