Need cross number for 492932 ( riding mower oil filter )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I need the cross number for Briggs & Stratton Genuine OEM 492932 , the filter cost $10 , It just a filter, i know other brand will work, can any one cross number other brand filter, napa, motorcraft... purolator . or just little over size filter that work . thanks

FRAM !!!
09.gif

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
FRAM !!!
09.gif

The PH8170 is not your typical OCOD. Identical to the factory filter, suspected made by Champ.

I cut one open HERE.

Cross reference the PH 3614 one of the most common filters out there.

In my application the filter also fits my 84 Toyota pick up and my Triumph Spitfire, so buying in bulk can save a lot $$

Good filters can be had for under $2 each

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Originally Posted by MetalSlug
FRAM !!!
09.gif

The PH8170 is not your typical OCOD. Identical to the factory filter, suspected made by Champ.

I cut one open HERE.

that is first OCOD with metal end cap I ever seen since been here in BITOG. I say many years, until fram made every of fram filter with metal end cap, im still ignore them. That is best OCOD I ever seen. I look it up, its expensive lol , Imma using PH 3614 as a cross number to other filter, thanks

That number crosses to Napa Gold 7035, but that filter is even more expensive than the OE one.
That's likely the direct equivalent OPE filter which ime are always more expensive than an automotive application equivalent.

If access permits, as mentioned the somewhat longer (3614) Wix/Napa Gold 5/1348 could work. Right now the Napa Platinum equivalent 41348 available for $5 at Napa. Or, Motorcraft FL910S,

look like Fram PH3614 cross over to few filter i pick.

MOTORCRAFT FL 910 ( is this available at walmart ? this is my first choice, i like shop at walmart for oil and filter )
SUPERTECH ST3614

Purolator L10241
Purolator L35098
AC-Delco PF 53
AC-Delco PF1212
AC-Delco PF1245
AC-Delco PF13
AC-Delco PF13CL
AC-Delco PF13FCL
AC-Delco PF1781
AC-Delco PF2
AC-Delco PF20
AC-Delco PF2056
AC-Delco PF2CL
AC-Delco PF2FCL
AC-Delco PF53
AC-Delco PF53CL
AC-Delco PF53FCL
AC-Delco PF53M
AC-Delco PF54
Wix 51348
Wix 51762
Wix 51785
Wix 57023
Wix 57181
Wix WL7172

Originally Posted by dwendt44
The Wal-mart brand Super Tech 3614 works fine on most lawn
equipment. Current ones are made by Champ labs, IIRC. $3.

My 2¢

That would be my pick . If they don't have the motorcraft. The latest ST oil filter. Seen couple one cut open not long ago . Look solid with ecore cage style and metal end cap. ST usually my cheapest choice of oil filter because of metal end cap. Thank a lot and you are very helpful

Thanks every one .

Last edited:
I got an OEM B&S filter from Walmart website. The OEM was $7.99 at the time which was 50 cents more than some clone that just happen to screw on. I don't believe in messing around with my engines oil filter that is supposed to protect my engine running at 3,600 rpm for a full 50 + hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back