2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought it from a private owner. It had only 96 miles on it and came with roof, windshield, winch and plow. First service was never done since it is called for at 100 miles or 20 hours which original owner had not yet reached. Anyone familiar with these machines? Oil and filter changes easy to accomplish?

Same basic engine as the Rincon. Not a big fan of the 3speed but at least the pioneer has lower gearing than the Rincon.

I haven't had to work on a Pioneer, but I've rebuilt a Rincon engine. Wasn't something I want to do again, but I will say it's been a tough machine. My buddy sank it a half dozen times and likes to hit the rev limiter and even with all that abuse it just recently started smoking.

I tore it down, cleaned out the bottom end, had it bored .25 over and replaced the cam chain, oil pump chain, and oil pump orings and he's back to rooster tails. I did put the secondary out of the SxS into his machine to get the gearing lower. He can wheelie it now with ease, although it did cut down on his top end a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back