Mercedes Benz Indie Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave a lift to my friend who dropped off his SLK for serving. Enjoy.

58FFE30D-9985-4733-AF1E-BCF460542B5B.jpeg

DFA5DCCB-A893-4942-8A51-7ED0D9F01F23.jpeg

C989ED76-F603-4F34-9035-4597BB738162.jpeg

9C9E265F-39B8-4133-9643-94CC83A2FFCD.jpeg

4935D35F-7F5B-45E1-9585-8858A66EEE4F.jpeg

1BB68406-55C5-4B1D-9110-908E4CA1F7A0.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice. But the pics left me wondering: why does "Mercedes Benz Genuine Automatic Transmission Fluid" come in a bottle that shows a piston and crankshaft, apparently immersed in motor oil??? German engineering doesn't extend to the designs of their fluid packaging? I know, I know, it's just a rhetorical/entertainment question.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Nice. But the pics left me wondering: why does "Mercedes Benz Genuine Automatic Transmission Fluid" come in a bottle that shows a piston and crankshaft, apparently immersed in motor oil??? German engineering doesn't extend to the designs of their fluid packaging? I know, I know, it's just a rhetorical/entertainment question.
wink.gif

And it's just 236.14 which is basically Shell ATF 134. That's about $5 a quart from a shell distributor instead of $20+ for the real thing from MB.

Why the viscous attack on the artwork of that ATF bottle? Okay. Bad pun. Sweet shop.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
What model is the black roadster? That thing is awesome!

OEM batteries? That's hardcore!

Mercedes w113 SL series aka "Pagoda". The beautiful model between the early, classic 300SL & 190SL's and the later Hart to Hart model :)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
A lead acid battery sitting on a concrete floor? Every time I store one like this it dies.

Well it's dying from something other than the concrete floor then, that has nothing to do with it.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
A lead acid battery sitting on a concrete floor? Every time I store one like this it dies.

Well it's dying from something other than the concrete floor then, that has nothing to do with it.

Exactly, such an old wives tale.

I was always bummed that Benz never built a stripper, beefed up, "Off road" version of the G-Wagon. I guess I'd have to try to acquire one from German military surplus and ship it back to the US.
21.gif

Would dilute their luxury branding here...and insufficient margins for the basic ones.

There are a few firms shipping them over, both Benz and Puch, ex military and civilian ones. This would be a good excuse for a trip to somewhere in Southern Europe to find one to bring back. Importing is relatively straightforward.

I cam very close to getting one a while back, but I am holding out for a diesel UMM Alter...just need to get there to find one.

Originally Posted by wings&wheels
Would dilute their luxury branding here...and insufficient margins for the basic ones.

There are a few firms shipping them over, both Benz and Puch, ex military and civilian ones. This would be a good excuse for a trip to somewhere in Southern Europe to find one to bring back. Importing is relatively straightforward.

I cam very close to getting one a while back, but I am holding out for a diesel UMM Alter...just need to get there to find one.

I just found out that our friends up north use them. Perhaps you don't have to travel so far after all..

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I was always bummed that Benz never built a stripper, beefed up, "Off road" version of the G-Wagon. I guess I'd have to try to acquire one from German military surplus and ship it back to the US.
21.gif

Most militaries in Central Europe run Puch G. Does not have to be Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back