2018 Mercedes AMG GLC43 Air Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Performed my first "Service B" today @ 20K miles. The local MB dealer wanted $600 + tax to do this and I did it for < $125 and am happy with that. Service B consists of the cabin air filter, both engine air filters, the oil filter, and 7 quarts of oil.

Pics of the air filters below (left and right):

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If you're going to the dealer for service, the service packs are probably the way to go. Probably best when the plugs and transmission fluid are due as those are included in the service packs, but the dealers will charge extra on top of the Service A or B charge. Usually worth it when you have Service B A B coming up as they can be around $1200 for the 3 pack.

I think there's a $150 off $300 coming soon, about that time for it.

Only been to the dealer myself for warranty and firmware updates.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Only been to the dealer myself for warranty and firmware updates.
It will be the same for me. It makes no sense for me to pay 4x the cost for something I can do myself.

True story. I was at the BMW dealership today for an oil change (long story) and was informed that I was also due for an engine air filter change ($130 of which the filter was $75). I of course passed and purchased an OE filter online for $35 delivered.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by OILJUNKIE
Interesting ,matching nest material on both filters.
I thought the same, but the inlet pipe is focused on those areas. The part that I really find curious is the right filter is dirtier than the left despite symmetrical positioning and plumbing.

Then again, perhaps the right side of the car is exposed to more dust and debris from cars kicking it up from the edge of the road.

Originally Posted by Danno
Lunch bag let down if you don't tell us brand and viscosity of the oil you used.
Castrol Edge 0W-40 with a Pur cartridge oil filter replaced the same oil, but a Mann oil filter on a 4,990 mile OCI.

Nice!. I've replaced the filters in my C43 (same motor as your GLC43) with BMC filters. Can't say I notice much from it alone, however I do have my car tuned which would make use of the BMC filters.

Also stick to OEM or Purflux oil filters. Mann's aren't same construction/material as OEM filters.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Originally Posted by OILJUNKIE
Interesting ,matching nest material on both filters.
I thought the same, but the inlet pipe is focused on those areas. The part that I really find curious is the right filter is dirtier than the left despite symmetrical positioning and plumbing.

Then again, perhaps the right side of the car is exposed to more dust and debris from cars kicking it up from the edge of the road.

Turbocharger predominance is another possibility. One might be better at spooling than the other. Happens more often than people think. May even be engineered that way.

Originally Posted by Mau
Also stick to OEM or Purflux oil filters. Mann's aren't same construction/material as OEM filters.
That is because Purflux makes the OEM filters for Mercedes, but the Mann filters are built like a tank (at least the oil filters for my car are). The OEM airfilters are made by Mahle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back