Yamaha F300s; Yamalube dino 10w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamaha F300s. Marine application, 300 hp gas engines. Yamalube dino 10w30 this time.

The previous three OCIs on these reports were Yamalube synthetic gold bottle 5w30.

Did a couple things to try addressing fuel dilution before this OCI: (1) switched to 10w30 dino, and (2) had injectors serviced (thanks Trav!). One or both worked, because oil stopped creeping up the dipstick during this OCI, and viscosity didn't drop as much. While still have significant fuel dilution, not as bad this time. Wear numbers better this time, with less fuel in the oil.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Any chance the engines are still under warranty ? Assuming the boat is in MD, I think I would be running something heavier like a 10w40 if it was in the range specified by Yamaha.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
Any chance the engines are still under warranty ? Assuming the boat is in MD, I think I would be running something heavier like a 10w40 if it was in the range specified by Yamaha.

Yeah, already have 10w40 ready for next time. Issue there is engines sometimes see some cold temps in late fall and early winter, but should be ok. Boat used year round in FL, MD, and NC. No more warranty.

Last edited:
Its pretty rare that temps in MD go below freezing in the Bay, but when they do you get ice buildup which mostly prevents boat operation. Unless your out oystering
smile.gif
As expensive as those engines run, I would be running the best synthetic available.
Feel free to PM me your exact address, in case those engines need a "midnight donation" to my boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back