9mm SXT/Ranger T-Series Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have use the 127 +P+ version against racoons and even against them there was jacket/core separation.

When I lived in Palo Cedro California we has lots of Raccoons.Regular 2 long rifles weren't the quickest killers but the Stinger would do a really good job. My wife made Racoon hunting her firearms sport.

Originally Posted by Brigadier
I have use the 127 +P+ version against raccoons and even against them there was jacket/core separation.

And? Were the raccoons killed? I bet they were.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I have use the 127 +P+ version against raccoons and even against them there was jacket/core separation.

Yes. But they are not the same size as a human. So the point is, those awesome cutting 'talons' would not have been as effective as Winchester would have you believe. So why pay a premium for a bullet that only works well in blocks of Jello?

Yes. But they are not the same size as a human. So the point is, those awesome cutting 'talons' would not have been as effective as Winchester would have you believe. So why pay a premium for a bullet that only works well in blocks of Jello?

LOL so I guess you're telling us you would take one of these in the belly any day?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

LOL so I guess you're telling us you would take one of these in the belly any day?

Strawman much?

Again, why pay a premium price for ammo that only works as advertised in the lab in blocks of Jello? Are you expecting to be attacked by blobs of Jello?

BTW, I killed more raccoons DRT with Winchester WB 115gr JHP. Just as dead.

I have use the 127 +P+ version against racoons and even against them there was jacket/core separation.

I've seen videos where that round didn't expand at all. I'd pass on that old school ammo.

Originally Posted by hatt

I've seen videos where that round didn't expand at all. I'd pass on that old school ammo.

Just because a round is old school, it shouldn't be dismissed. There are some that are still very effective. 9BPLE for example.

Just because a round is old school, it shouldn't be dismissed. There are some that are still very effective. 9BPLE for example.
Which has also consistently shown jacket/core separation in tests. As Hatt said, I would pass, there are far better options these days.

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Which has also consistently shown jacket/core separation in tests. As Hatt said, I would pass, there are far better options these days.

I agree. There are "other" choices out their; GD, HST, PDX1, XTP, etc.
But, there are those that still believe in this ammo. When they 1st advertised it Monday, there were about 30+ cases and about 150+ 50 rd. boxes. When I checked it earlier this evening there were 8 cases and 52 boxes left. As of this typing they have added more.
I guess there are those that still like it.

I'd carry it no problem if I had it. I wouldn't look for it and pay regular price. I'm talking about the 127 load. 147 SXT would be range ammo.

I'd carry it no problem if I had it. I wouldn't look for it and pay regular price. I'm talking about the 127 load. 147 SXT would be range ammo.

I see a lot of shooters wanting the Ranger 127 gr. +P+ ammo. It's about as rare as hens wisdom teeth.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/161105

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD

Fragmentation, yes. Jacket core separation, no. And the gimmick of the SXT is the 'talons' cutting to assist in wounding. Problem is, they stop cutting when the jacket separates and stops as the core keeps penetrating. The SXT will NEVER have the real life street record the 9BPLE does, STILL does. But [censored], it looks purty in jello don't it?

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

I agree. There are "other" choices out their; GD, HST, PDX1, XTP, etc.
But, there are those that still believe in this ammo. When they 1st advertised it Monday, there were about 30+ cases and about 150+ 50 rd. boxes. When I checked it earlier this evening there were 8 cases and 52 boxes left. As of this typing they have added more.
I guess there are those that still like it.

Are you referring to the 9BPLE?

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter

I see a lot of shooters wanting the Ranger 127 gr. +P+ ammo. It's about as rare as hens wisdom teeth.

https://www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com/products2.cfm/ID/161105

And yet the 9BPLE and it's RCMP twin the XM9001 can easily be had for $14-$15 for a box of 50, new, current production.

$15 is the correct price. Over $.35-40/ rd for jacketed ammo is insane and buyers should be ashamed.

Just for [censored] and giggles....

9BPLE looks pretty similar to the old Corbon 115 +P load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back