Bad Bad BITOG Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I poured in a qt of PYB into my 4.5 qts of SS...yes on purpose! Oh the humanity! Group IV with group II? Say it isn't so... Oh where does the insanity end?!... I had to go somewhere to confess this unspeakable crime! Forgive me for I have sinned! Yeah, anyway I did do the above to my Subi when I changed the oil the other day. I ran Amsoil 0-20 SS for exactly one yr and 7,000 miles and am sending out to Wix for a UOA. Will post UOA here. Got lazy and added the PYB 5-20 since I didn't want to open another gallon of SS. Meh, what ya gonna do 🤷â€â™‚ï¸. Might help with the minor consumption who knows. That is all, carry on.

Failure is imminent.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by dave1251
You at least improved the situation and who knows how much GTL is in "conventional" Pennzoil?
If the PYB 5W20 was a couple years old, when the NOACK was around 6%, probably quite a bit! I have a case of the high GTL stuff left, still.

Originally Posted by ridgerunner
I poured in a qt of PYB into my 4.5 qts of SS...yes on purpose! Oh the humanity! Group IV with group II? Say it isn't so... Oh where does the insanity end?!... I had to go somewhere to confess this unspeakable crime! Forgive me for I have sinned! Yeah, anyway I did do the above to my Subi when I changed the oil the other day. I ran Amsoil 0-20 SS for exactly one yr and 7,000 miles and am sending out to Wix for a UOA. Will post UOA here. Got lazy and added the PYB 5-20 since I didn't want to open another gallon of SS. Meh, what ya gonna do 🤷â€â™‚ï¸. Might help with the minor consumption who knows. That is all, carry on.

I did two back to back runs with PYB SAE 30 IN A brand new Lexus with dual VVTi, guess what happened? Nothing, and the UOA was good too...

Saint BITOG gives dispensation for Frankenblends if they are done with a contrite heart and only once every 10 oil changes.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Saint BITOG gives dispensation for Frankenblends if they are done with a contrite heart and only once every 10 oil changes.

Oh whoooh whooooh there big fella don't go pushin' your snake oil religion on me mister! I just might fall for it. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back