Super Tech High Mileage Full Synthetic

I saw a thread from a year or so ago about this product. Has anyone tried it and liked/disliked it since then? My vehicles are getting older and I'm thinking of trying it. One has a small leak and the other is starting to consume oil a little

Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger
I saw a thread from a year or so ago about this product. Has anyone tried it and liked/disliked it since then? My vehicles are getting older and I'm thinking of trying it. One has a small leak and the other is starting to consume oil a little

Even though my son works at a Ford dealership, he uses this oil in his 04 F150, 5.4 engine (5W30) with a MC oil filter. It's cheaper than what Ford would charge him for an OCI, even with his employee discount.
His engine runs very quiet with it (60K miles).

Reactions: JC1
Originally Posted by TheLawnRanger

Have the 5w30 version in the Traverse right now, no complaints.

I was going to use this in the Silverado but I got PPHM for a very competitive price so I bought it. But I'm going to use STHM in the Focus. I expect it will preform just as well.

I used it in my Silverado once, it seemed to consume a little more oil over that interval than normal. I don't tknow if that was because I ran it over the summer, or what, but I'd be willing to try it again.

Right now I'm using Pennzoil Platinum and that consumes less, but again, not sure if that's because I've been using it over the winter months. Truck now has 27,000 miles, 5.3 Direct Injection Silverado.

I, too, am running the 5w30 and 5w20 in my truck and car (both Mopar products) with Fram TG and XG filters. No problems and didn't/don't expect any. I plan to do a UOA at some point.

GM quality sucks-- look at those two vehicles, already giving up.
Use GTX High Mileage. Only 3 bucks difference and much better oil.

Originally Posted by PPWarrior

This post makes zero sense without fact to reenforce this especially since GTX High Mileage meets less certifications.

[censored] are you talking too? GM? What?

And I'd use a Super Tech full syn over a mediocre blend oil from a manufacturer with a spotty track record in their lineup of "synthetic oils" with mostly awful pour points...

Huh? Why? This makes no sense to me.

My vehicles are running fine PWarrior. They are both over 140,000 miles and I plan on running them much longer. I'm just planning ahead.

TheLawnRanger: ST stuff may be Amalie made where you are located. Use with confidence and ignore this ppweenie or what it is

Originally Posted by Railrust
I used it in my Silverado once, it seemed to consume a little more oil over that interval than normal. I don't tknow if that was because I ran it over the summer, or what, but I'd be willing to try it again.

Right now I'm using Pennzoil Platinum and that consumes less, but again, not sure if that's because I've been using it over the winter months. Truck now has 27,000 miles, 5.3 Direct Injection Silverado.

Turn off the DOD on the Silverado, it my two Silverados it went from a qt at 3k miles to almost no oil to add at 5k.

Last edited:
Any UOA or VOA for Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage? Particularly 5w-20. I couldn't find any in the Oil Analysis forums, but maybe there's one buried in a topic that's not easily searchable. Has anyone come across one they can link to?

Thanks!

Any UOA or VOA for Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage? Particularly 5w-20. I couldn't find any in the Oil Analysis forums, but maybe there's one buried in a topic that's not easily searchable. Has anyone come across one they can link to?

Thanks!
Here's the 5W-30

Here's the 0W-20

I buy either the SuperTech or Kirkland 5W-30 for my entire fleet now. I got tired of chasing coupons. It runs just like the name-brand varieties but I stick with OEM filters for the most part. The Hyundai/Kia branch of the fleet cost $18 with filter for an oil change, the Ford/Chrysler branch a little more due to 2-quarts more per sump.

Back