Friction modified mc oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any real world benefits to using friction modified oils like Honda hp4m, Bel-ray thumper friction modified or lucas w/ moly in a crf style engine case? I have a built 09 trx450r I use for mx. Do friction modified mb rated oils have any real world benefits or gains over any other ma or ma2 rated mc oil?

Lower friction, so presumably less wear and tear over the lifetime. If you are competing and trying to get every last 0.1 hp out of the machine, you'll likely see some improvement. For casual riding though, you probably wouldn't notice anything beyond a bit of better fuel efficiency.

a new x-ring chain will probably show more hp increase than that oil would (according to gthunder dyno results).
camo you have a pm
wink.gif

Yes about the chain......I've also felt a difference going from one of the "sticks like glue" chain lubes that hold dirt to a different type. Been using Alisyn chain lube for the last 50,000 miles and the chains last long and always look and feel "loose". It flings off abit at first but dirt will not stick too it...... there is no perfect chain lube that Ive found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back