Hyundai/Kia and Toyota OEM Filters now at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed these. They weren't on the shelf last time I was here. I looked back and didn't see anything so I figured it was worth a post.
[Linked Image]

I noticed the Toyota filters at my local WalMart yesterday. Good to have the options but the local dealer sells them cheaper.

Originally Posted by KD0AXS
Just noticed these. They weren't on the shelf last time I was here. I looked back and didn't see anything so I figured it was worth a post.
[Linked Image]

Cool find. I posted about these also couple months ago I believe
wink.gif

Wonder if this has anything to do with that Walmart + Advance AutoParts partnership. Maybe this is AAP/Carquest/WorldPac selling their stuff through Walmart.

Yea I saw the toyota filters and Kia / Hynyundai oil filters at wallmart the other day..
However Im not sure if it has anything to do with AAP b/c AAP only sells Toyota and Hyundai Oil filters by way of World Pac.. For Instance they don't stock Toyota or Hyundia Oil filters at the shelf at Advance Auto Parts.
The only way you can get Genuine Toyota or Hyundai oil filter at Advance Auto parts is if you tell the sales person to order it by way of World Pac.

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Great to see. The more options the better. Always a bit l ss$ at Walmart

Yea its a good deal.. however I can get them at a better price by way of World pac at Advance auto parts.
However I would have to wait till the next day.. So I like the fact that walmart has them in stock...

I have always like OEM / OES / Genuine Oil filters over aftermarket...

Originally Posted by klt1986
I noticed the Toyota filters at my local WalMart yesterday. Good to have the options but the local dealer sells them cheaper.

Yes, good to know if I need one in a pinch. My local dealer has them for $4.50 each (for Corolla or Camry, different filters), less if bought in quantity. It's about the only thing available there at a good price.

... however I can get them at a better price by way of World pac at Advance auto parts....
For the average joe consumer reading here, I wouldn't bank on WP pricing. This has been covered before on another thread in another sub forum however apparently bears repeating here.

By WP own statement, their pricing only available for..."established automotive businesses who provide a valid business license and resale tax number....(Non-commercial or consumer requests) will not be processed." http://www.worldpac.com/acctapp/ Further, following up on previous information that by visiting your local AAP and walking in and asking, WP rules will be waived and account established, I found that to be erroneous at local area AAPs. Also a call to AAP toll free customer service, same result. Basically confirmed AAP and WP separate entities, and I could not obtain WP pricing through AAP.

To topic, WM now similar to AZ in carrying some oem filters. Not given much WM shelf space, but if one is interested pricing significantly better than AZ.

Last time I bought filters for the Sonata the dealer charged me $6 each and threw in the crush washers. IIRC, this was before the coupon I had which brought the price down to something like $3.50 each.

Originally Posted by opus1
Last time I bought filters for the Sonata the dealer charged me $6 each and threw in the crush washers. IIRC, this was before the coupon I had which brought the price down to something like $3.50 each.

My dealer rapes me for filters, so I get them from Amazon unless I'm in a pinch.

My parts guy gave me the lecture to only use OEM Hyundai filter. Said could give me them for $5 each. I had a $10 off coupon. Paid $10.76 for 4 filters. That was the last time they mailed me a parts coupon.
grin.gif

The OEM catastrophe I haven't used a Toyota filter in over ten years now. But now I've seen the error of my ways. A Corolla that used to use a cup of oil in an OCI in 5k is now all the way up to a half a quart in 7156 mile OCI. At a 130,000 miles plus how am I going to mend my ways?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
The OEM catastrophe I haven't used a Toyota filter in over ten years now. But now I've seen the error of my ways. A Corolla that used to use a cup of oil in an OCI in 5k is now all the way up to a half a quart in 7156 mile OCI. At a 130,000 miles plus how am I going to mend my ways?

Your car uses less oil because of switching back to an OEM filter?

I have used plenty of OEM Hyundai filters in my KIA and Hyundai cars, but I have used a lot of others also. Never had an issue. I guess my engines aren't problem ones? I also use pretty good filters (WIX, etc.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back