The Wife’s New Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks, we traded the 2013 KIA Optima EX. It has been a really good car but, she needed an update. The Optima only had 52,000 miles on the clock. She wanted a small SUV and I had been doing some comparing. So many choices. In the end, I narrowed it down to three choices, a used low mileage Ford Edge, a new Hyundai Santa Fe or a VW Tiguan. We decided to ride up to Warner Robins, GA and look at the VW Tiguan. Well, the Tiguan checked all the boxes and we brought home a 2019 VW Tiguan SE. This vehicle rides very nice. It is very spacious. It's also pretty quiet. This is my first VW since my 1970 Beetle Delux.

514F782A-B255-4334-AEC1-840E9C9B8436.jpeg

4E5DFF67-B13B-4805-8775-74F309585F67.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks Quattro Pete. I hope this VW will serve us well. Now, I have to read the manual and check the oil recommendations and oil change intervals.

Congrats! The Tiguan is an excellent choice. I'm sure you and the wife will have safe reliable transportation for many years. Now hand me a beer from that fridge.

Sure seems to be alot of VAGs showing up on this site lately ? Congrats .

Last edited:
Originally Posted by MParr
How did you know there was beer in there?

Every fridge I've ever seen in a garage has had beer in it.
lol.gif

Unless recently changed when I sold cars for a VW dealership the dsg gearbox fluid was a 40,000 mile change interval.

Originally Posted by dbias
Originally Posted by MParr
How did you know there was beer in there?

Every fridge I've ever seen in a garage has had beer in it.
lol.gif

whistle.gif
lol.gif
^^

Nice car. How are the newer VW vehicles? My only experience with them was early 2000s models and they were plagued with electrical gremlins. I remember my wife saying back then that VW should just make the check engine light their company logo.

The European SUVs are the best looking for sure. The Lexus and Toyotas?..worst!

My opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Classy. We've been looking at a few of those, they look really sharp. My biggest gripe is the fuel door being on the passenger side, but that seems to be the norm with many vehicles.

RDY4WAR
You know, I am very impressed with the build quality of this car. This isn't your mid-80s VW tin can. This thing is solid. It is very quiet, with no wind noise or rattles. I love the dash layout. It is simple and uncluttered. The auto stop/start feature can be disabled. Get this, it came with a CD player. I am so glad the dealership gave us 2 free oil changes. Finding VW 508.00 spec oil isn't going to be easy.

We are both happy with this car. We wanted another Ford Escape but, FoMoCo made that a no go. Ford shot themselves in the foot on their engine offerings in the SE and SEL models. When they limited the 1.5 Ecoboost as the only engine for the SE and SEL, they lost me as a return buyer. I didn't want to go to the Titanium grade to get the 2.0T.

Congrats my wife also has same vehicle 2018 Tiguan SE in black. We like it and it grew on us.

Been trouble free in our first year with 27k miles.

madRiver
I really hope this car will give good service. The warranty is nearly as good as the Hyundai/KIA warranty. That was another selling point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back