2015 BMW 328D Wagon, BMW TwinPower Turbo 0W30 LL-12, 6202 on oil, 43936 on unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
First UOA on 2015 BMW 328d Wagon. Lately driven on mostly short trips, with a 100 mile roundtrip one time a week. Iron seems high compared to one other UOA I found on a 328d. Fuel dilution/lower flashpoint likely due to short trips and idling. Attaching Blackstone UOA report as attachment.

BMW TwinPower Turbo 0W30 Longlife-12 Dealer Fill

Miles on Oil. 6202
Miles on Unit. 43936

Aluminum. 8
Chromium. 4
Iron. 67
Copper. 7
Lead. 0
Tin. 1
Moly. 66
Nickel. 5
Manganese. 2
Silver. 0
Titanium 0
Potassium. 3
Boron. 28
Silicon. 5
Sodium. 5
Calcium. 1561
Magnesium. 5
Phosphorus. 618
Zinc. 692
Barium. 0

SUS Vis@210 F. 61.5 (should be 60-69)
cST VIS@100 C. 10.63 (should be 10.2-13.0)
Flashpoint in F. 405 (should be >410)
Fuel. .5 (should be Antifreeze. 0
Water 0
Insolubles 0
TBN 3.5

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited:
This was bmw dealer filled and is what comes up when I put in the bmw part number (83-21-2-365-951) on my invoice (free factory maintenance program). I used LL-04 when I replaced this oil, since I had total quartz ineo 5w30 on hand.

This is a summary re LL-12 for diesel with DPF-

"BMW TwinPower Turbo Longlife-12 SAE 0W-30 engine oil was established on the basis of technology GTL. This protects the engine at a level exceeding industry standards. This engine oil maintains optimum purity BMW engine and makes full use of their potential. In comparison with conventional engine oils, it is characterized by improved viscosity-temperature performance, providing high fuel efficiency. New original BMW engine oil allows the use of the full potential of engines BMW. This engine oil have been thoroughly tested and approved for use in the BMW at all temperatures.

Benefits:
- Stability of performance over a wide range of operating temperatures and engine loads.
- Confident start the engine at low temperatures.
- Excellent protection against wear.
- Patented technology of active treatment protects against the formation of deposits and corrosion, thus prolonging the life of the engines.

Applicability:
Applied strictly in accordance with the instruction manual of your car!
- For all BMW diesel engines with particulate filter and without it.
- The use of gasoline engines BMW is only allowed in the EU, including Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein."

Last edited:
The culprit for the high Fe is not the oil but EGR. I changed to an ACEA E6 oil first and it made no difference. After deletion it dropped over 60%. In 09 X5 35d.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back