The Fusion was rear ended yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy rear ended me driving 35 mph into me while I was stopped for a red light. His excuse that he told the officer? "My windshield was completely covered in frost, I couldn't see a thing"
shocked2.gif

Can't make this stuff up!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by ClutchDisc
A guy rear ended me driving 35 mph into me while I was stopped for a red light. His excuse that he told the officer? "My windshield was completely covered in frost, I couldn't see a thing"
shocked2.gif

He got written a ticket for that one, right? They even write tickets around here for frost/snow covered rear windows.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Sorry to hear that, hope you are OK.

Suspect you may be in the market for a car...

Thanks all, I am fine. Car is going to be fixed, I have claim in on the insurance.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Colt45ws
shocked2.gif

He got written a ticket for that one, right? They even write tickets around here for frost/snow covered rear windows.

Yeah he sure did!

Sorry to hear that and hope you're ok, no whiplash, disorientation, dizziness, etc. My wife was rear ended in a McDonald's drive through at less than 5 mph and had to go to the emergency room.

Thanks again everyone. I feel fine days after the accident, so that is a good sign. Now just the pain on having to deal with getting the car fixed.

Any pics of underneath it? Similar to your picture above. It does look very good! Something to be pleased with.

I didn't take one yet. He just beat it out and resealed it. I told him I didn't care what it looked like. I think he did a good job down there.

Here is the underbody after the fix.

[Linked Image]

Uhhh, what? Insurance paid for that to be fixed?

Originally Posted by Nick1994

I was thinking the same thing. They just took a BFH, beat it back down, and applied some kind of sealer to the split in the metal. That's pretty shady IMO, I would have never taken delivery of that! When our Camry was rear ended it did similar damage to the spare tire well. They cut out the old pan and put in a new one, seam sealed it, and re-undercoated.

Originally Posted by Delta
Originally Posted by Nick1994

I was thinking the same thing. They just took a BFH, beat it back down, and applied some kind of sealer to the split in the metal. That's pretty shady IMO, I would have never taken delivery of that! When our Camry was rear ended it did similar damage to the spare tire well. They cut out the old pan and put in a new one, seam sealed it, and re-undercoated.

I agree,take it back asap. That's unacceptable work.

For an 11yr/old Fusion, that trunk pan looks fine to me. I couldn't see having it all cut out and replaced at this point.

I assume that charcoal box had to be replaced and couldn't be repaired?

Originally Posted by JTK
For an 11yr/old Fusion, that trunk pan looks fine to me. I couldn't see having it all cut out and replaced at this point.

I assume that charcoal box had to be replaced and couldn't be repaired?

The body shop got the full check to replace EVERYTHING. It's supposed to look brand new.

If they wanna write a check to him for the value of replacing the trunk pan, and he agrees, then fine. But that work is absolutely unacceptable.

Agree-that's a hack job for sure. After an insurance settlement it is supposed to be as "like new" as possible.

That's terrible. But if you signed off and drove off-good luck getting it corrected.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back