Right turn signal blinking super fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
2000 Buick LeSabre Custom

This just stated happening today on the drive home from work. Left turn signal blinks regular. Right turn signal blinks super fast.

What do I need to replace?

Originally Posted by das_peikko

This just stated happening today on the drive home from work. Left turn signal blinks regular. Right turn signal blinks super fast.

Light Bulb on the right side.

Nothing, because as per your other thread, turn signals are optional.
smile.gif

I turned on the hazard flashers. I think that's what you're supposed to do to see if all the bulbs light up. The two front signals are blinking. The left rear is blinking. But the right rear stays lit up solid. I haven't found any burned out bulbs yet.

That usually means there's a bad ground in the trunk. All the other lights should be turned off during the test.

I turned on the hazard flashers. I think that's what you're supposed to do to see if all the bulbs light up. The two front signals are blinking. The left rear is blinking. But the right rear stays lit up solid. I haven't found any burned out bulbs yet.

That is not the right way to test if the right turn signal bulb is burned out. Just put the ignition switch in the run position and activate the right turn signal. Then walk back and look to see if it is working. By putting on the hazard flasher, most domestic cars will constantly illuminate the low intensity filament and intermittently flash the high intensity (brake light) filament. I'll bet the high intensity filament is burned out but the low intensity filament is intact. To prove this, swap the left rear bulb with the right rear bulb.

Last edited:

It's a turn signal bulb and why haven't you looked at your bulbs, prior to opening this thread?.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Nukeman7
That is not the right way to test if the right turn signal bulb is burned out. Just put the ignition switch in the run position and activate the right turn signal. Then walk back and look to see if it is working. By putting on the hazard flasher, most domestic cars will constantly illuminate the low intensity filament and intermittently flash the high intensity (brake light) filament. I'll bet the high intensity filament is burned out but the low intensity filament is intact. To prove this, swap the left rear bulb with the right rear bulb.

The rear turn signal bulb has two filaments? That might be it right there because it stays on all the time instead of blinking when it's supposed to.

The bulb has to 2 filaments. One for turn signal and one for parking lights or whatever. Replace the right side bulb with a new one, problem solved.

Nothing, just make three lefts and you will be going the "right" way. Simple. Have a nice day!

If one is burned out in the rear, have fun with that. Stupid design, whole lens assembly has to be unbolted and watch you don't pinch the wiring upon reassembly..

Last edited:
Well I decided to move the right rear bulbs over the the left rear; and the left rear bulbs over the the right rear. Now the left rear tail light doesn't work.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Either replace the bulb or the flasher.

Flasher would affect both sides.

Well I decided to move the right rear bulbs over the the left rear; and the left rear bulbs over the the right rear. Now the left rear tail light doesn't work.

What does that tell you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back