Baked Cabbage Steaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made these last night using his recipe and it was excellent.
We melted Jack Cheese on some and Habanero on the rest.

Looks good to me.
thumbsup2.gif

I like cabbage, just last week we had cornbeef and cabbage.
I boiled the cabbage in halfs and then baked it with the cornbeef, taste unreal. Yum
thumbsup2.gif

Cabbage, Butter, Bacon, Cheese, Garlic, Salt & Pepper in any combination all go together well. Love cornbeef as well.

We each look for a recipe on YouTube (mainly) or recipe sites through the week and then make it at some point each week.

We have found some really great ones. Life is too short not to be shoving delicious things in your mouth.
lol.gif

Last edited:
I tried baked cabbage, but could not get it to turn out right. Was always too mushy. Guess I will stick to slaw which I love.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I think they do that with cauliflower too, but I couldn't imagine that guy coming within 10 feet of a vegetable.

crackmeup2.gif

Any nutritive content the cabbage had at the beginning of the vid was quickly diminished with all the oils, fats etc.
coffee2.gif

Regardless, still looks rather tempting and is a great way to get the kids to eat some veggies!

When grilling, try grilled cabbage.

Cut the cabbage into single-serve wedges, rub with olive oil and then add salt and pepper. Wrap in foil.

Grill it for 20 minutes, flipping every 5. Easy to do on the side when grilling other things. It's really delicious.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Any nutritive content the cabbage had at the beginning of the vid was quickly diminished with all the oils, fats etc.
coffee2.gif

Regardless, still looks rather tempting and is a great way to get the kids to eat some veggies!

Unless you are in the school of Keto then conventional "nutrition" goes out the window.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Oro_O
When grilling, try grilled cabbage.

Cut the cabbage into single-serve wedges, rub with olive oil and then add salt and pepper. Wrap in foil.

Grill it for 20 minutes, flipping every 5. Easy to do on the side when grilling other things. It's really delicious.

I've done that before but in the oven with a skewer through the middle holding it together and flipping it in a pyrex dish. Works great.

Originally Posted by Andy636
It's even better when done with sauerkraut and a handful of chopped smoked bacon sprinkled in the mix

Noted and will try. Thanks
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting but when it comes to steak I prefer the real deal. 🥩.

As for cabbage I do like making Hunky Hand Grenades. (We can still say that?). They would have to be without rice though for a low carb version.

Originally Posted by StevieC

Unless you are in the school of Keto then conventional "nutrition" goes out the window.
grin2.gif

Remember the old mantra. Fat is BAD

/s

Originally Posted by PimTac
Interesting but when it comes to steak I prefer the real deal. 🥩.

As for cabbage I do like making Hunky Hand Grenades. (We can still say that?). They would have to be without rice though for a low carb version.

I still eat regular steak. LOL I just have a fat with it.

Originally Posted by Ifixyawata
Originally Posted by StevieC

grin2.gif

Remember the old mantra. Fat is BAD

/s

Yes fat is bad so they substituted sugar into everything where the fat was removed. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back