Best Store Bought BBQ Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favorite STORE BOUGHT BBQ sauce? Mine:

the sauce.jpg

When I was eating this stuff, I made my own and I would put it on par with a good BBQ place.
I tweaked it over many years. I still make it for family because I won't give them the recipe.
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Schmoe
Head Country Hot and Spicy BBQ sauce!!!!

Us Oklahomans know BBQ sauce
wink.gif

I mix together three equal portions of three store bought sauces to get the taste that I'm looking for.

St. Louis leads the nation in per capita BBQ sauce ingestion. Slop a sickenly sweet sauce from Maull's on everything, especially pork steaks-- another largely StL concoction. Good BBQ has a dry rub and the sauce is on the side and HOT.

Haven't like Famous Dave's much in the two or three I've been to. Remember ordering ribs in St. Cloud MN once and they asked me what kind of sauce I wanted. (on the grill) Wanting to go with the local flow and thinking they weren't rubbed I said -- what ever's the hottest. After I sat down, I read a small card on my table which was titled "why you should never put sauce on while it's on the grill." I guess corporate management knew something the peons at the order table didn't.

(Actually Stl Louis now has a number of good bbq places, I'd even put it ahead of Kansas City-- a location that hasn't improved much since the seventies.)

Last edited:
I like Eastern Carolina sauce which is vinegar based and thin. Can't find any of that type locally so make my own.

Store bought BBQ sauce...not something I obsess over. I make myself satisfied with Sweet Baby Ray's.

GrtArtiste

Originally Posted by Ihatetochangeoil
Originally Posted by billt460
Famous Dave's Devils Spit.

^^^^^^ This. Amen. So be it.

+3 love that shi$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back