Remember watching these 60's animal documentaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I also remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild kingdom. Remember how Marlin Perkins used to make Jim do all of the dangerous stuff? That's so he could get life insurance...

Originally Posted by grampi
Yes, and I also remember Mutual of Omaha's Wild kingdom. Remember how Marlin Perkins used to make Jim do all of the dangerous stuff? That's so he could get life insurance...

Haha I LOVED those!! Marlin would be standing safely afar while his assistant did all the dirty work :p I miss all those documentaries!! They were still showing them on TV during the 70s when I was growing up. We also watched them in school on those old Bell and Howell projectors.

Lol. We'll be up here in the helicopter enjoying banana daiquiris, will Jim gives the big giant killer ape a enema!

Yes, you beat me to it. Marlin would be talking on camera while Ole' Jim was in the background wrestling the 15 foot long anaconda. LOL.

I remember our 1973 family trip out West to Yellowstone. The day was capped with evening entertainment watching the bears feed at the local waste facility. Bleachers were set up for the public.

Wonderful World of Disney and Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. I loved Disney's Beaver Valley now I just love beavers.

"Meanwhile, back at the coyote den"

Originally Posted by Kjmack
Good wholesome family programming , every Sunday night , seems like yesterday .

Would sure be great if all this was brought back to cable TV!

I watched a bit of the "Yellowstone Cubs" last night!

Nice show and clever advertising.

Originally Posted by WhizkidTN

No need for cable programming you can sit your loved ones down and stream it any night.

Cable TV is dying. Too expensive and too much junk.

I remember plenty of Sunday nights watching Wild Kingdom sprawled on the floor close to the television. We were always reminded to get further back Otherwise we would burn our eyes out.

After Mutual of Omaha it was Bonanza.

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by WhizkidTN

No need for cable programming you can sit your loved ones down and stream it any night.

Yeah I don't have cable or a dish , my wife's family can't sit still and are completely flabbergasted when we host family parties . I get a kick out of their reactions when they remember our TV situation .
We are in the country and cable isn't offered and I chose not to do a dish , I had a 40 foot antenna put up next to a garage and we get about 42 stations , and it's all free minus the original outlay which was years ago .

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
"Meanwhile, back at the coyote den"

Put a towel over the eyes of the alligator and rubber band mouth shut then Marlin Perkins would walk near the alligator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back