'14 Mopar 62TE transmission service?'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old lady's 2014 Dodge minivan with the Pentastar V6 and I believe the 62TE transmission is approaching 50k miles and I'm in the prep stage for doing that maintenance soon. I bought a pan with drain, a wix filter that comes with a gasket. A dipstick and chart which I will mark with cold and hot levels before I change the fluid. I also have an infrared laser style temperature reader and the charts if needed to fill in that manner. What fluid is recommended and how much am I going to need. Any helpful tips will be appreciated.
Thanks, Wes

Originally Posted by dogememe
atf+4 fluid, any brand, 5.5qts service fill 9qts total capacity

Just watched a service video and they also said about 5.5 quarts for a service. Is the prevailing attitude just to buy the cheapest ATF4 or move onto a boutique. How about Lubeguard? Thanks

Lubeguard last I checked is the only Mopar approved additive for ATF4 so you should be OK. ATF4 is pretty same across the board, so I go with the cheapest.

The best choice where ATF+4 is called for is Redline C+ even though it is not licensed. But if you are still under warranty, stick with something licensed on the official approved list that someone else posted here.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
Any licensed brand will be essentially the same as the next.

https://www.centerforqa.com/chrysler-brands/

+1

Anything on that list is the same and will be fine, so simply seek out the best price of anything on that list
smile.gif

5 year 100,000 drivetrain warranty runs out in July. The cost difference between the ST with Lubeguard and Red line C+ would be about $30. I'm a Red Line fanboy so I will probably go that route and set fire to the extra money spent. Thanks to all for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back