Best 2nd Phone Number App ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we finish up moving and cleaning out the former house, I need to put some stuff on Letgo.com or Craigslist. Local pickup only. Don't want to expose my cell number, have been told to download a "second phone number app" and use the alias phone number in the craigslist or letgo ad. Any tips?

I've used Textfree but it's only good for texting, it is horrible for calls. Never knew google has something like this, I bet it works a lot better then Textfree.

Yep Google Voice, StevieC hit the nail on the head.

I use it all the time for CL dealings.

You can text and send MMS (images) via the app too, so that's a plus. I usually keep it in DND "Do Not Disturb" mode so all calls go to voicemail, but all texts I am notified about.

Originally Posted by diyjake
I've used Textfree but it's only good for texting, it is horrible for calls. Never knew google has something like this, I bet it works a lot better then Textfree.

I use textfree for phone calls. It only works with WiFi. You only get 50 'free' min before you have to buy more

I put my Google Voice number on almost all forms, applications, etc.

Really cuts down on the hassle. Only if someone I know or an institution I trust (and that would not include most banks, etc.) do i give my underlying "real" cell number.

A friend of mine has google voice lines all over the US and has them setup in his PBX (phone system) here in Canada using OBI-100 adapters. So I can call into his PBX with a local access phone number or with my extension I have attached to an ATA adapter that is connected to his PBX and call anywhere in the US or Canada for free or have my relatives in the US call us in Canada for free using a local number to them and then an access code.
grin2.gif

It's like our own free long distance network in Canada/US.

Last edited:
yep i use google voice as my throwaway number for all my for sale stuff and pesky people like car sales man. my main number is only given to people i know .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back