Interior "quick detailer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I am looking for a quick detailer type product for all surfaces inside the car. Something to use between major cleanings. It would be nice if it left behind some protection as well. I have been looking at the Griots Garage product and the Chemical Guys..

Know of something better? Got experience with either?

Thank you for the help.

Griots would be a good choice. Look for something that leaves a matte finish. The less reflection inside the better.

Your choice also depends on your car and what's inside. Is it mostly plastic or is it soft touch?

I would also recommend checking out the Autogeek and Autopia websites. They have a huge selection of products and brands plus discussion forums as well. Both are owned by PBMG.

Soor no answer here but ...

I uses a washcloth and a small bucket with some shampoo in it.

I have found an old broken snow scraper brush works well for getting crumbs out from around the center console and shifter bezel.

I hate greasy silicone glop. when i picked up my new car - I asked for no tire shine no interior shine.

good luck and make er gleam.

Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer

I buy it by the gallon and use it exclusively. Leaves all finishes looking new/factory.

Chemical Guys Inner Clean (which I don't like the pineapple scent, but their baby powder scent is a lot better).

Megiuar's Quik Detailer, I hated its scent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Redright9
Hello,

I am looking for a quick detailer type product for all surfaces inside the car.

This is going to sound heretical, but I use Meguiar's Leather spray on all my interior surfaces. It works great.

I started this because I wanted something to clear off some dust in a hurry and that was all that was sitting around. I lightly wiped down the dash and instrument cluster with it. I noticed over time it held up longer than most other things, didn't attract dust or lint, and had a nice lustrous matte finish. So I simplified thing and only use that on the inside, and I don't have to have leather spray/plastic spray/etc.

I've noticed the same.

Originally Posted by Oro_O

This is going to sound heretical, but I use Meguiar's Leather spray on all my interior surfaces. It works great.

I started this because I wanted something to clear off some dust in a hurry and that was all that was sitting around. I lightly wiped down the dash and instrument cluster with it. I noticed over time it held up longer than most other things, didn't attract dust or lint, and had a nice lustrous matte finish. So I simplified thing and only use that on the inside, and I don't have to have leather spray/plastic spray/etc.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer

I buy it by the gallon and use it exclusively. Leaves all finishes looking new/factory.

My vote!
banana2.gif

I really like West Coast Customs stuff, only seen it at Walmart. Cleans better than Meguire's and doesn't leave any shine. But it doesn't work on glass or fabric.

Originally Posted by Oro_O
Originally Posted by Redright9
Hello,

I am looking for a quick detailer type product for all surfaces inside the car.

Interesting!! So you've had good luck with the leather spray? It doesn't "fog" up the dash cluster lens? Have you used it on an LCD touch screen?
Thanks.

The truth is that a lot of these detailers no matter their intended surface are basically the same. They use varying proportions of similar components. As for touch screens it is best to use a product specific for that. I use a generic lcd screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth. I use that same cleaner for eyeglasses.

This is now my go to interior cleaner. Safe on anything, even LCD screens. ZERO shine which is what I'm after. It also has UV protection built in.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by buster
This is now my go to interior cleaner. Safe on anything, even LCD screens. ZERO shine which is what I'm after. It also has UV protection built in.

[Linked Image]

Yup stuff is awesome! But I do hate the smell of it.

But I love it...spray it all over the dash...radio...console. No worries. Easy clean, streak free, no residue, safe on any surface.

Originally Posted by Railrust
Originally Posted by buster

[Linked Image]

Yup stuff is awesome! But I do hate the smell of it.

But I love it...spray it all over the dash...radio...console. No worries. Easy clean, streak free, no residue, safe on any surface.

Exactly. It's perfect for an OEM/no gloss look. I love it.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by PimTac
The truth is that a lot of these detailers no matter their intended surface are basically the same. They use varying proportions of similar components. As for touch screens it is best to use a product specific for that. I use a generic lcd screen cleaner with a microfiber cloth. I use that same cleaner for eyeglasses.

I use Plexus for those applications. Highly recommend for plastics on auto and the bike. Will make your clear dash gauge covering like new.

http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html

Those of you complaining of the Meg's QID scent: Does it smell like vinegar? There were supposed bad batches years ago(2014-2015ish I think) in the consumer line of spray bottles. In my experience, if you keep the bottles around long enough, the smell will shift to that vinegar-like smell anyway. I have read reports of others that purchased gallons of the product having the same issue btw.

"For any of you who have experienced a vinegar smell with QID, please contact our Customer Care Center at 800.347.5700 to have the product replaced. This was a known batch issue and we have since corrected the issue. Those of you who actually enjoy the scent of QID are on target with this - it is a nice smelling product (as is so common with our line) and you have not experienced this particular batch. We do appreciate you chiming in to confirm that this is an anomaly and that the proper scent is indeed pleasant. "

That quote above is from 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back