WIX 57151XP factory filled with synthetic oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the filter is filled at the factory with synthetic oil? No more pre-filling it before installation?

But how do we know what oil, besides synthetic? Maybe it does not matter a whole lot since its 1 of 14 QT in my pickup.

Originally Posted by Donald
So the filter is filled at the factory with synthetic oil? No more pre-filling it before installation?

But how do we know what oil, besides synthetic? Maybe it does not matter a whole lot since its 1 of 14 QT in my pickup.

Can you copy & paste the documented info on that?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Can you copy & paste the documented info on that?

No such wording

XP Extreme Duty; Best for Synthetic Motor Oils
Wix XP is Engineered for today's toughest driving conditions. Heavy loads, city driving, and high temperatures are no match for the enhanced durability of our latest filter. XP Filters provide the ultimate protection, offering technology for the latest advancements in synthetic oil and extended mileage. Features include:
* Wire-backed full synthetic media
* Made for today's longer OE service intervals
* Designed for Full-Synthetic oils
XP filters are ideal for vehicles subject to:
* Towing trailers, boats and heavy equipment.
* High idling conditions in stop-and-go city driving.
* Harsh driving environments, such as dusty and muddy roads and extremely high temperatures.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Are all of Donald's 21,867 posts like this?

Since I am pretty sure that the truck did not come from the factory with synthetic oil, the next logical thing would be the filter comes factory filled.

I believe the filter for some of the JD lawn tractors comes factory filled, so its not inconceivable.

You do fill the filter on this vehicle with oil before installing it. And that takes awhile as you need to keep adding a little more several times.

The gimmicky John Deere pre-filled filter is an overpriced special
filter made to fit the special adaptor that takes it on some of the new
JD tractors. Briggs and Stratton engines.

My 2¢

...Since I am pretty sure that the truck did not come from the factory with synthetic oil, the next logical thing would be the filter comes factory filled.
Logical? Guess I have a different take on the meaning of logic and logical.

In summary, OP has not seen any Wix filters coming prefilled with synthetic oil, contrary to implied 'it's a done deal and happening now' in first post. Conclusion reached by reading an RA entry where it says nothing of the kind. Closest it says, designed for full synthetic oils, ie., XP can be used in extended ocis frequently associated with synthetic oil use. The huge leap comparison to the new JD application is absurd.
smirk2.gif

In short, imo this is pathetic and thread should be locked or removed completely. My .02

Since I am pretty sure that the truck did not come from the factory with synthetic oil, the next logical thing would be the filter comes factory filled.

What does your truck have to do with anything ? Do you believe that this filter only fits that model and nothing else ?

You do fill the filter on this vehicle with oil before installing it.
I've never seen actual instructions from an automaker or a filter manufacturer that says to do this. I did see wording in a Honda owners manual along the lines of "follow the instructions provided by the oil filter manufacturer" for installing, as if if they say to pre-fill it, go ahead, we don't care. No oil filter company will say to though because they have no control over the orientation. I pre-filled the filter on my wife's Fusion, which mounts horizontally. I tip it horizontal and it starts dripping. I get it on the stud and think "spin it on fast" so not too much oil comes out. Lovely, I get oil flinging in 360º....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back