idemitsu oil

Did a little reseach on them:

Idemitsu, started in 1911, is ranked as the worlds 38th largest oil company and the largest in Japan. They have their own oil fields, tankers, refineries and ~ 3,800 Apollo gasoline branded service stations. Annual revenue are around $40BN.

Apollo America, rebranded in 2006, to Idemitsu Lubricants America (ILA) is the eighth largest lubricant manufacturer globally. Idemitsu began supplying lubricants in the United States in 1979 and today provides over 80% of the global automotive air conditioning compressor lubricant (polyalkylene glycol). In 1992 they opened a manufacturing, blending and packaging facility in Jeffersonville, Indiana. They pioneered the original 0W-20 engine oil for Honda, engineered the first CVT transmission fluid for Nissan and was the first 0W-20 engine oil to receive dexos-1â„¢ GM approval.

The ZEPRO line of motor oils launched in 2016 and you can find their products at Advance Auto Parts, NAPA Auto Parts Stores and Amazon.

https://www.idemitsus.com/ - You can get to the TDS and SDS for each product by clicking on the Idemitsu or ZEPRO tabs at the top of the home page, select the product and scroll down to the bottom to Specifications & Approval, where you will find downloadable PDF documents. Their are also a couple of good videos on the site.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by josephp732
Did a little reseach on them:

Idemitsu, started in 1911, is ranked as the worlds 38th largest oil company and the largest in Japan. They have their own oil fields, tankers, refineries and ~ 3,800 Apollo gasoline branded service stations. Annual revenue are around $40BN.

Apollo America, rebranded in 2006, to Idemitsu Lubricants America (ILA) is the eighth largest lubricant manufacturer globally. Idemitsu began supplying lubricants in the United States in 1979 and today provides over 80% of the global automotive air conditioning compressor lubricant (polyalkylene glycol). In 1992 they opened a manufacturing, blending and packaging facility in Jeffersonville, Indiana. They pioneered the original 0W-20 engine oil for Honda, engineered the first CVT transmission fluid for Nissan and was the first 0W-20 engine oil to receive dexos-1â„¢ GM approval.

The ZEPRO line of motor oils launched in 2016 and you can find their products at Advance Auto Parts, NAPA Auto Parts Stores and Amazon.

https://www.idemitsus.com/ - You can get to the TDS and SDS for each product by clicking on the Idemitsu or ZEPRO tabs at the top of the home page, select the product and scroll down to the bottom to Specifications & Approval, where you will find downloadable PDF documents. Their are also a couple of good videos on the site.

Nice job! Is there a voa available for zepro?

Originally Posted by PimTac
There is a VOA for Zepro in the sub forum.

thumbsup2.gif

I recently saw Idemitsu & Liqui-Moly (sp?) in local auto stores. They were on a very small shelf near the ground and away from all other major brands.
Had never heard of either brands before joining bitog.

Autozone carried them but they closed out and discounted it last spring. It was the regular syn line, the ZEPRO I think is a bit rare and Amazon is the easiest way to get it...

View attachment 79081
Got 3 jugs off of Amazon in 2019 for my first 3 oil changes on my WRX. Can’t find it anymore.
The regular SP synthetic is likely as good or better than the Zepro version based on the new SP specs. Low VII (155) and low Noack of 8.5%. Good for GDI engines. SA is .73. So it checks off all the right things. The one strange thing about the new 5w30 SP is the viscosity which is 9.49@100c with a HT/HS of 2.97. But due to the low VII, I'm thinking it's likely a very shear stable 5w30 now.

Back