New Meguiars Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Status
Not open for further replies.
*The best way to apply appears to be after washing & rinsing vehicle to apply lightly while vehicle is still wet - then rub in with a micro fiber towel until vehicle is dry .
Originally Posted by PimTac
The biggest problem with these products is with the user. The trick is to spray a light mist on the panels. Using good quality microfiber towels helps. Spraying too much on is a common mistake.

*What wash soap is intended to be used AFTER applying the Ceramic Hybrid Spray ? I have the Meg's yellow Ultimate Wash soap currently ...

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
*What wash soap is intended to be used AFTER applying the Ceramic Hybrid Spray ? I have the Meg's yellow Ultimate Wash soap currently ...

The Ultimate Wash is a excellent choice.

I got a bottle of this from Advance Auto for under $8 after combining their 20% online discount with the Meguiar's $5 rebate. I did 2 cars today following the instructions exactly with very good results. The ease of application is great and will now see how it holds up.

*I just used the Hybrid Ceramic wax for the first time - I actually washed then dried the car first , then lightly misted a 3' x 3' panel at a time and rubbed in with a microfiber applicator then quickly used a microfiber towel to buff before the product dried . .Interesting that at the end when I rinsed out the applicator in the sink it was not all discolored or gummed up as when using other waxes thus I'll be able to use the same applicator pad again if I choose .

The guy in the video said he stripped the old wax off with alcohol..... Do y'all think that's overkill?

Doesn't alcohol attack plastic trim and seals? Thinking that might not be the best way to prep

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Looks like HydrO2 or Mckees.

Yes, except it is 10x cheaper and thus you don't get to put your nose high in the air for using an expensive boutique product.

Originally Posted by Vikas
Originally Posted by JHZR2
Looks like HydrO2 or Mckees.

Yes, except it is 10x cheaper and thus you don't get to put your nose high in the air for using an expensive boutique product.

You've got a lot of assumptions in that statement.

HydrO2 is $59.99/17oz and is intended to be diluted 1:6, so it's 58c/oz.

This stuff is $14/26oz, not to be diluted, and 54c/oz.

We have no objective evidence that shows that the meguiars works as well. I have no reason to doubt, but no reason to assume it to be a miracle product or superior. If it truly works as well and can be acquired locally in an instant, the. It will be a no brainer.

I can't say that a I've seen any indication from CarPro or McKees that they are nose in the air types of businesses.

So what kind of a statement are you trying to make again?!?

I have personal experience with Hydro2 and it was complete waste of money. What is your experience Hydro2 or Mckees?

Originally Posted by Vikas
I have personal experience with Hydro2 and it was complete waste of money. What is your experience Hydro2 or Mckees?

I use both. I have run HydrO2 over CquartzUK on three of my vehicles since 2015, washing each about monthly, and using the product almost each time. I would never say it's a waste of money, especially considering what it provides for the minimal time requirement. It leaves relatively long lasting beading action, and has the added benefit of leaving similar protection wherever the runoff goes, which includes cowls, glass, wheels, etc.. When McKees Hydroblue came out, I tried it and like its gloss a bit more but possibly more succeptible to water spotting.

Here's McKees beading up in the am after an overnight rain.

[Linked Image]

Perhaps neither here nor there - I noticed the Hybrid Ceramic Wax water beads to not be as small or as tight as the ICE spray wax I was using . Conversely the Hybrid Ceramic Wax cleaned up better (no residue in the application pad I used or the microfiber towel either) .... Cleaned up both with plain water and they look new .

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Perhaps neither here nor there - I noticed the Hybrid Ceramic Wax water beads to not be as small or as tight as the ICE spray wax I was using . Conversely the Hybrid Ceramic Wax cleaned up better (no residue in the application pad I used or the microfiber towel either) .... Cleaned up both with plain water and they look new .

I think that's true, but there are so many things that affect the sizing of these when you're talking about spray or deluge or rain. My experience is that the water droplets are much more mobile include one sitting on a surface it's not moving and they want to slide across the surface and actually congeal together. In this regard it's not clear to me that it's really bad that the droplets are larger because they're actually aggregates of smaller droplets which means that overall surface characteristic is superior from the ceramic.

Other experience I've had with her the water behaves like it does in SiO2 coating is when I apply some high-end your blackfire wax on to a vehicle that is never left out of the garage. When it gets wet or gets washed, super easily aggregates the beads of water into large pizza and then naturally rolloff with minimal motion of the vehicle.

While other products do indeed bead up smaller, Theynever strike me as having the same service mobility as this sort of a product.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Sheeting is always preferable to beading.

With Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax applied I don't need to towel dry but a few spots. The roof, hood, fenders, doors, etc. sheet themselves 90% dry.

Bought the last 2 bottles from Advance with my speed perks dollars.

Gave both cars their post winter wash, clayed, then rinsed and followed the initial application procedure. Definitely easier to use vs busting out the DA and pads. Smells good too. Haven't tested beading or sheeting. Was just happy to see both cars with road salt and grime off. Used about 1/3 of the bottle on both cars.

I also diluted some 5:1 into a spray bottle to use as a top off/quick detailer between washes. Will see how that goes.

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
Bought the last 2 bottles from Advance with my speed perks dollars.

Gave both cars their post winter wash, clayed, then rinsed and followed the initial application procedure. Definitely easier to use vs busting out the DA and pads. Smells good too. Haven't tested beading or sheeting. Was just happy to see both cars with road salt and grime off. Used about 1/3 of the bottle on both cars.

I also diluted some 5:1 into a spray bottle to use as a top off/quick detailer between washes. Will see how that goes.

I'm also going to do post-winter washes on my fleet using this stuff. I'm interested in seeing its durability compared to traditional liquid/paste waxes, especially on my two cars that're always parked outside.

I feel the trade off in ease of application will be durability. I'll have to see how my concoction of 5:1 holds up as a quick detailer between washes.

I feel the trade off in ease of application will be durability. I'll have to see how my concoction of 5:1 holds up as a quick detailer between washes.

For an amped-up quick detailer I add Klasse Sealant Glaze to the standard red bottle Meg's QD.

[Linked Image]

*+1 ... Interested to see how your 5:1 ceramic detailer works out ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back