I need a filter cutter person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now my Fram Ultra 7317 has 21k miles on it and I plan to replace it shortly within a week or two. My guess is it will be around the 24k mile marker. If anyone has the time, energy, and wants to cut into it then I will send it to you for the bitog greater good. Thanks

Originally Posted by Marco620
Right now my Fram Ultra 7317 has 21k miles on it and I plan to replace it shortly within a week or two. My guess is it will be around the 24k mile marker. If anyone has the time, energy, and wants to cut into it then I will send it to you for the bitog greater good. Thanks

I will gladly cut and post it here sir. PM me if interested
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Marco620

I will gladly cut and post it here sir. PM me if interested
smile.gif

If Adam is too busy let me me know by PM and I will do it.

FYI: For the cost it will take you to ship it, you could almost get a decent tin snips to cut open the filter and post the photos yourself. Get one with an angled jaw (an aviation left cut is red handled, an aviation right cut is green handled) and you can cut the filter right at the seam without having any metal filings get into the media.

Originally Posted by Kruse
FYI: For the cost it will take you to ship it, you could almost get a decent tin snips to cut open the filter and post the photos yourself. Get one with an angled jaw (an aviation left cut is red handled, an aviation right cut is green handled) and you can cut the filter right at the seam without having any metal filings get into the media.

Depends on the filter. I tried to open an OEM Denso filter with snips - not happening.

A pair of tin snips will easily cut through that Fu.
I don't even bother to cut a filter just above the faceplate when using snips. I just pinch the edge of the dome end with snips to begin and cut the dome end out. It doesn't work out well with a thick can like M1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back