My first cut. Donaldson P502503

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first filter cut. I probably should have let the filter drain longer and I need a better method to cut the media.
Filter has slightly over 10k miles on a powerstroke 6.7. Filter had no tears in media and looked clean of larger debris. It was IMO well built. Large spring in the bottom of the can, wire backed media and pliable adbv.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Now that's how a filter is supposed to be made. Looks great and thanks for c&p.

What filter and oil went back in and back on?

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Now that's how a filter is supposed to be made. Looks great and thanks for c&p.

What filter and oil went back in and back on?

Same oil filter and Valvoline 15w40 blue

Those filters are whoomping donkey big
lol.gif

Great work here man. And this filter is top of the line for sure.

Thanks for posting.

I've been alternating between MC 2051S, WIX 57151, and the Donaldson P502503. All 3 seem to have worked ok so far. Any thoughts out there on any of these being better or worse than other(s) in any respect?

Have you used the Valvoline 15w40 before? Any UOAs around on it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by claluja
Thanks for posting.

I've been alternating between MC 2051S, WIX 57151, and the Donaldson P502503. All 3 seem to have worked ok so far. Any thoughts out there on any of these being better or worse than other(s) in any respect?

Have you used the Valvoline 15w40 before? Any UOAs around on it?

Last 2 uoa are vavoline 5w40 and are in the uoa section.

I'm in Florida so I decided 15w40 should be fine and switched to save a little coin. I am at 5k on it now and should have a analysis in a month or two

As for the filter I have used the Donaldson from the first change. I purchased a case at discount.

Last edited:
The Donaldson web site says full synthetic. That is the filter I'm planning to adopt to my S2000.
Efficiency 99% @ 15 Micron and 50% @ 7 Micron A very well made oil filter.

Rod

Unless one's pushing over 10-12k miles between changes, I'd have a hard time choosing the Donaldson Blue over the "mid grade" 15 micron P series Donaldson oil filter in this thread.

Well done OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back