Sludge and Facebook's infinite wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of hate for Pennzoil. A member of a Ford Bronco group posted this picture of an engine he got for cheap to rebuild. This is what he found when he removed the intake.

[Linked Image]

Here were the comments on it. About 60% of the comments were people just bashing Pennzoil.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by BigShug681
So he bought a junk engine for cheap to rebuild, idk what the dude woulda expected lol

It's what he expected. He was just posting it to ask what could cause such as that besides poor maintenance.

Again uninformed people forming opinions with no knowledge! and of to many variables.

most likely all think they are master mechanics as well.

Originally Posted by RDY4WAR
So he bought a junk engine for cheap to rebuild, idk what the dude woulda expected lol

It's what he expected. He was just posting it to ask what could cause such as that besides poor maintenance.

Ahhh, probably just years of neglect, I highly doubt it was Pennzoil. I had an old F150 with a 302 and I never changed the oil in it from my junior year in HS which was late 2010 up until my dad passed away in early 2013 and after a buddy bought it from me in 2015 he tore into the engine and never mentioned any sludge buildup. I changed the oil maybe twice and put around 40k on it during that time frame and back then I didn't even know what oil grade shoulda been used so I just poured whatever was on sale into it.

Originally Posted by PPWarrior
Pennzoil is a low quality oil-- not American-based or owned. Use something that is American made or owned. God bless.

Gona back that up with any facts or nah?

Pennzoil is a low quality oil-- not American-based or owned. Use something that is American made or owned. God bless.

my guess is ....... "nah"

You need to back up off that crack pipe just a tad. That is neglect.

No this guy won't. I hope God does bless him.

Maybe we can get a mod to change his name from PPWarrior to KBWarrior.

His posts are remarkably similar to the behavior of seagulls... he swoops in, craps on everybody with no rhyme or reason, and flies away.

Neglect is the only thing that caused what is seen in those pics. That utter stupidity is why I avoid social media entirely.

After four intervals of VWB just switched to PYB. Car runs just as good (if not better but who knows) and wanted to change things up a bit. Have about 750 miles on the current fill.

Pennzoil is our country's #1 seller, because it sludges-up engines the most.
Now that makes a-lot of sense................................................. NOT!

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Pennzoil is our country's #1 seller, because it sludges-up engines the most.
Now that makes a-lot of sense................................................. NOT!

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Internet has allowed stupid to spread at a pace never seen before.

It's a shame.

My favorite one is the guy saying he heard about the Pennzoil damage from his classmate's, dad's, engine, it's always that kind of ridiculously indirect anecdotal story these idiots spout.

Pennzoil has a bad reputation with some of the old timers, I've seen it on other car forums. The old..."sludge and wax". Lol.

I'd say over the past ten years Pennzoil Platinum has been one of the most popular oils on the market, with the Pennzoil Ultra almost achieving unicorn status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back