Do you use your Pick Up like a truck or car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious as to how many actually use their PU like a truck (haul stuff, work, 4×4, trailer pulling etc) and how many pretty much use it like a car (people hauler)

I have never owed one but I think mine would be a people hauler 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Do you consider yourself Blue Collar, White Collar or sonething else?

How do you pronounce the word Vehicle?

Should criminals be given a second chance?

Careers.....Boomers vs Millennias

Are you afraid to fly?

Drive in silence or need some noise?

Ever hit an animal with a vehicle?

Shaved head anyone? Why?

Do you use a Razor, Shaver or let it grow?

Originally Posted by ZZman
Curious as to how many actually use their PU like a truck (haul stuff, work, 4×4, trailer pulling etc) and how many pretty much use it like a car (people hauler)

I have never owed one but I think mine would be a people hauler 99% of the rime.

I think this would be accurate for every American except the ones working in professions where they have to pull/carry stuff. Like farmers, ranchers, construction.

I have a 2008 Suburban that I imported from the USA. I had to pay a gas guzzler tax. If it was a pickup it would have been exempt from the tax. That's because pickups are work trucks and the those folks who drive them need a break. Meanwhile I parked it in downtown Calgary every day right beside hundreds of pickups with nary a scratch in their pickup beds. What a joke.

I love my truck. I have always had a truck.
I use the other cars most of the time.
But if I lost my truck I would go out and get another one right away.

I guess I consider my truck my #1 tool.
And I love tools.

My neighbors love my truck as well.

Tacoma is used like a car mostly, occasionally hauls dogs in the bed or the ATV but that's about it. It spends most of its miles on paved highways carting me around the tri-state area for work as a gravel truck driver for road construction! Although I'm planning to pick up a Corolla or Camry for these duties and reserve the Tacoma for when the snow gets too deep and or recreational use. Because it's no mileage queen by any means and I'd like to save some money in that department.

Originally Posted by jongies3
Tacoma is used like a car mostly, occasionally hauls dogs in the bed or the ATV but that's about it. It spends most of its miles on paved highways carting me around the tri-state area for work as a gravel truck driver for road construction! Although I'm planning to pick up a Corolla or Camry for these duties and reserve the Tacoma for when the snow gets too deep and or recreational use. Because it's no mileage queen by any means and I'd like to save some money in that department.

Most people would be better off with a small car daily and renting a truck when they need it. It would save them hundreds or thousands per year. Try a Subaru. Good AWD and 30-40mpgs depending on the model.

I used to always have a pickup and a car, but now have followed along with practically everybody in my neighborhood, and got myself a 4 door pickup. I only occasionally need to haul something to big for a car, but it is really handy when I do. And I don't have to license and insure and repair, and garage another vehicle. Uses more gas than a car, but I only drive about 6000 miles a YEAR, so no big deal.

Since you probably will never own a truck, why would you even bother to ask, or even care?

Originally Posted by HowAboutThis

Most people would be better off with a small car daily and renting a truck when they need it. It would save them hundreds or thousands per year. Try a Subaru. Good AWD and 30-40mpgs depending on the model.

This^ I need a truck like I need a hole in the head from a #2 Phillips screwdriver, when I do need one I usually rent it from HD if I buy stuff there or just have it delivered.

I own trucks to do truck things, and cars to do car things. Although I'm going to beef up the MGM a little so it could pull my 5' by 10' trailer in a pinch (air bags/springs, receiver hitch, oversize transmission pan, aux. trans cooler), so then it could do truck things too!

I tow my travel trailer with it. Also yard supplies and home maintenance/project materials. I only tow with it, so thats why it has only 80k miles for its age.

I didn't pay extra for 4x4's for vanity. They are my ticket to places where I don't see urban types for days.
I use the bed for sportsman things and home projects. I occasionally will tow things. If I towed all the time I would have gotten a bigger truck.
Having a bed with a secure tri fold cover adds a lot of security and utility,

I've got a truck-bed-trailer that I welded and bolted together myself, I pull it with my Jeep. It takes all sorts of stuff to the dump and hauls my ATV to the desert, goes to Home Depot and helps people move.

never had a pickup until almost "retired" but my very good uncle's was always there for me until he passed + my aunt traded it in. i put in a hand fired coal stove so i bought my own pickup. besides regular coal hauling, it hauls whatever needed + being 4WD is my winter ride. my sports car a 2001 Auti TT roadster is the summer fun ride along with my motorcycles! i agree many throw away $$$$ on big overprice gas guzzling pickups that rarely haul, BUT its your $$$$$. they are surely safer than a car, especially a smaller one.

No one is going to admit to having a truck to make them feel more rugged. Everyone will say "Yeah I use it to haul x, y and z" but they might do that less than ten times per year.

Just state the obvious: If you have no need for a full sized (eight foot) bed, there is a good chance you could get by with a different vehicle. You don't need a pick up truck to tow the stuff that most normal people tow: pleasure craft and small trailers.

It makes soyboys feel tough, but it also turns the pick up trucks into massive soy wagons. Now people who actually use them have to lift things over their head to get them in the bed with the tailgate down.

Originally Posted by Warstud

Do you consider yourself Blue Collar, White Collar or something else?

How do you pronounce the word Vehicle?

Should criminals be given a second chance?

Careers.....Boomers vs Millennias

Are you afraid to fly?

Drive in silence or need some noise?

Ever hit an animal with a vehicle?

Shaved head anyone? Why?

Do you use a Razor, Shaver or let it grow?

Do you use regular or premium?

Do you work with your hands or do you have a desk job?

How do you pronounce Tomato/Potato?

If you had to kill someone, would you use a knife or gun?

Careers... job hopper or stay at one place?

Will you fly the 737 Max once it's fixed?

Do you drive fast or slow?

Ever hit a pothole?

Do you trim your eyebrows/nose hairs?

Are you using a cheap or expensive razor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back