5 Gallon Acetone Container

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just go to the gas station and fill it. No repainting, remarking, etc needed. In the .00001 percent chance that they care, go to another station. I would wager a fair amount of money that someone could NOT find 2 stations in a row that would care.

How much is a can of red spray paint?
45.gif

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by PimTac
Being as you are in Texas where it does get warm, where do you plan to store this unvented can full of gasoline?

Where do they store the same cans sold with all sorts of flammable liquids?

Yep...I've bought those with everything from turpentine to methylated spirits, toluene, acetone and avgas.

Never any issues, and I'd rather that they didn't vent.

Just bought another VP (big mouth) can and filled it with E0 for the mowers …
Now I can't stand all the other freaky cans I have …

FB427E44-5F27-42B7-8AEC-35AA38D2D8DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Shannow
Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by PimTac
Being as you are in Texas where it does get warm, where do you plan to store this unvented can full of gasoline?

Where do they store the same cans sold with all sorts of flammable liquids?

Yep...I've bought those with everything from turpentine to methylated spirits, toluene, acetone and avgas.

Never any issues, and I'd rather that they didn't vent.

Vents are what kills gas. In a sealed steel drum E0 gas will last for years, probably decades.

Even my cans with goofy fill contraptions don't vent … I have to release pressure from them a couple times in the summer (when they swell) … My VP's seem much thicker …

This is what I use, same can and no vents. Haven't had a single issue here in the FL heat with it. Keeps my fuel for the race kart and the OPE fresh with no vent and no UV exposure.

VP can.jpg

I've put gasoline in: 5 gallon buckets with snap on lids, old antifreeze bottles, etc, when I did not have a proper gas container. Don't worry about it.

Just don't act weird while filling it, and by all means, put the can on the ground when you're filling it, and nobody will even give you a second look.

I like the idea of painting it red, too.

Also, as far as venting goes, it's actually better to have a sealed container. Best to use a plastic cap though; that way, in case there is a fire in the location where you have your fuel container, the plastic cap will melt away and relieve pressure rather than allowing the can to become a pressure vessel and BLEVE, making a bad situation much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back