Windshield wiper quality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I buy whatever's cheapest out of Bosch, Denso or Valeo. Never a problem thus far and I get a couple of years out of them despite living somewhere not terrible wiper-friendly.

I have been rain x latitude wipers for the past five years on my cars as well as my kids cars. They seem to last the longest as well as provide the best performance in wintery conditions.

Originally Posted by Rolla07
2 yrs on OEM blades?! Id stick with them. I have trouble getting mine to last over 6-8 months max.

When I lived in a snowy place they'd get torn trying to hack them loose when frozen. I'd usually replace every spring for spring and summer rain. Now I live where it rains all winter and they honestly get used almost every winter day. My big thing is $35 for OEM and right now like $20-30 for different levels at NAPA. So if NAPA last as well, no reason to pay the extra...

I laugh at all the "I only buy OEM wipers"...they are made by the same wiper makers you get aftermarket such as Trico. Trico is the OEM supplier to GM and others. You are just paying too much at the stealership. My personal favorite is Trico Exact fit available cheap on RockAuto.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
I laugh at all the "I only buy OEM wipers"...they are made by the same wiper makers you get aftermarket such as Trico. Trico is the OEM supplier to GM and others. You are just paying too much at the stealership. My personal favorite is Trico Exact fit available cheap on RockAuto.

I was hoping someone would reply with "Toyota Sightline are made by ____________ and are the same as this model pretty much." But I might just try the NAPA since they're about half price...

Where can I buy a curved passenger wiper for my 911 but the dealer?

Where can I buy a set of wipers online and have them replaced 8 months later for streaking with no questions asked?

Ahhh at the parts stores
lol.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Where can I buy a set of wipers online and have them replaced 8 months later for streaking with no questions asked?

If you can afford a 911, you can afford dealer wiper blades.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Yeah, because they're only $40/pair. And they're about the same for my Atlas.

I don't like playing musical parts. OEM wipers work every time, and I normally have them replaced at least once for free under the parts warranty.

All for less than a pair of Bosch Icons. The lengths people go through to avoid dealerships is hilarious to me.

SuperTech wipers at WalMart have always served me well. I understand that if you live in a hot desert climate, and you park outside, you might not get long life out of wipers, but for those of you who clearly don't, I don't understand why your wiper blades aren't lasting for years. I've had ones that I didn't have to replace until the car was like 9 years old, and even the cheap WalMart replacements lasted almost that long.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Yeah, because they're only $40/pair. And they're about the same for my Atlas.

I don't like playing musical parts. OEM wipers work every time, and I normally have them replaced at least once for free under the parts warranty.

All for less than a pair of Bosch Icons. The lengths people go through to avoid dealerships is hilarious to me.

Seriously good points.... Truth be told the prices at the parts stores for wiper blades can be $40+ now too... Like you said it is just has well to go get the OEM ones from the dealership.

And I was messing with ya earlier...
smile.gif

What year? I will find them for you....

Originally Posted by bbhero
Seriously good points.... Truth be told the prices at the parts stores for wiper blades can be $40+ now too... Like you said it is just has well to go get the OEM ones from the dealership.

I do fine with Ancos, and the Infiniti dealership doesn't carry wiper blades here except by special order. No, I don't get it, either.

With the F-150 and the Town Car, I always went to the dealer. Motorcrafts were cheaper than most parts store blades!

What year? I will find them for you....

That's fine I've already found them - at the dealer, for a decent price.

Trico also makes separate lines for the OEMs and aftermarket - the Exact Fit series do work but not all cars use a Trico-made wiper system. Bosch and Valeo have been winning Ford/GM/FCA contracts. Bosch is also known for this, Valeo sells their SWF line to the aftermarket. One local parts house stocks Bosch Aerotwin OEM blades alongside Icons.

I personally will go to the dealer and get refills for the OEM blades - I know that Toyota/Lexus is now sourcing from a 3rd party a "service" line of blades made in China that's inferior to the OEM NWB(Denso) or Trico blade. Nissan and Subaru sell Trico's Exact Fit under their label for service which don't look like the OEM Mitsuba blade. The only aftermarkets I have luck with is Korean NWB(Denso FTF), Valeo and Trico's higher-end blades.

Trico Titan are on two of my cars. Made in the USA! Just for comparison purposes I put Bosch Focus on one car. I'm happy with both, though I'll be sticking with the Titans because I like made in the USA. I just wanted to try the Bosch Focus because they are a new product.

Not sure why Bosch Icons are so popular, I never got those to last more than 6 months.

Originally Posted by dogememe

Not sure why Bosch Icons are so popular, I never got those to last more than 6 months.

I had a set on my parent's van for a year or two I think. The car is garaged so that helps as well.

Bosch blades were good when they were still made in Belgium, the MicroEdge/Excel of the 1990s-early 2000s were one of the better aftermarket blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back