Filter score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchased 5 Mobile1 synthetic filters for $3.99 each on clearance at Walmart. Typically doing 10k oci:s. So they should last 50k Mike's. Technically, they are rated for 20k miles, so I they could carry me 100k miles.

Easily.

They should last much longer than 10,000 miles if the engine is pretty clean (internally) to begin with.

Many, many of us here have run one oil filter for 20,000 - 30,000 miles (with regular oil changes) and have experienced no failures.

I have a Fram Tough Guard with 32,000 on it now - it'll be cut open at the 50,000 mile mark and posted up on here.

That is a great price
smile.gif

Just remember that the oil filters from Montgomery Alabama are the ones rated for only 5k miles... Only the oil filters from Mobile Alabama are rated for 20k miles
lol.gif

Good job catching a really good deal... That's awesome
smile.gif

Wow. Almost as good as the 12 qts of M1 AFE 0w-20 I just scored at $2.49 per quart at Sams Club in Vero Beach (see my thread in the Sales and Promos sub-forum)!
wink.gif
Alas, tempting as it might be, no pilgrimage to South Dakota for the matching filters!
[Linked Image]

Seriously, great catch on those filters -- wish I could get some. I wasn't even thinking oil when I stumbled on this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back