Fire up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I fired up my Craftsman LT1000 and Craftsman 4-cycle weedeater. Ah, love the sound and sights of small engines coming back to life. Some grass spots were getting tall and had to do some cutting.

The season is here!

Left home for a week. Came back and the snow was gone!
banana2.gif

The 20 HP opposed-twin Briggs in my Scotts 46" rider lets out a HUGE cloud of smoke on "first start of the year" - but NEVER uses a drop through the season.

My first OPE "fire up" this year has been a Ryobi 38cc chainsaw. Started on the 2nd pull and ran perfect.

Fertilizer, mulch, mowing, borders, etc … getting most of it done ahead of the heat … and with the rain we have had plus very few nights below freezing … it's green here and the wildflowers are popping …

I refuse to cut the grass prior to April 15 or after October 31. In between those dates I cut the grass every two weeks- whether it needs it or not.
YMMV.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I refuse to cut the grass prior to April 15 or after October 31. In between those dates I cut the grass every two weeks- whether it needs it or not.
YMMV.

+1, wish I had more neighbors like you and this is way up north by Lake Erie where we get a fair amount of snow. But I've seen people running their mowers in December prob trying to get leaves up or something.

Fired up the craftsman tiller getting the garden plot ready, gona be putting the new carb on the ole Lawn Chief riding mower in a few weeks, it hasn't ran since last spring.

About 90% of the snow is gone and the lawn is like mush. I have been looking for a new push lawn mower and the one I'm looking at is on sale till the 28th of March. I'm looking at the Toro super recycler with the Toro engine. 5 year warranty and if I buy the maintenance kit it goes to a 6 year warranty on everything.

Originally Posted by kwijibo
About 90% of the snow is gone and the lawn is like mush. I have been looking for a new push lawn mower and the one I'm looking at is on sale till the 28th of March. I'm looking at the Toro super recycler with the Toro engine. 5 year warranty and if I buy the maintenance kit it goes to a 6 year warranty on everything.

Hey neighbor!

I've been "that guy" on the block this spring. Dabbled on small engine repair this winter to kill time. Picked up a few free lawn mowers to work on. Rehabbed a pretty nice self propelled MTD/Brute I've been wanting to use. No more leg powered pushing for this guy!

Originally Posted by kwijibo

I fix small engines on the side so I've tested pretty much every brand of walk behind mower. My favorite is still the Toro Super Recycler with the personal pace.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back