Hello and goodbye to my old job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow BITOG'ers,
Afraid to say my time with FRAM has come to an end. The Trico Group (yes, the wiper company) has purchased FRAM Group and promptly let the entire sales and marketing staff go. Still happy to answer general filter/spark questions but I am forbidden from commenting on any FRAM or Autolite products due to a no compete agreement.
I am actively looking for employment in the Metro Detroit area with competency in the following areas-
Tech Service ASE Master Technician and Service consultant for 35 years
Social Media Facebook and web blogs
Trade Shows
Event Marketing
Motorsports management
I have also renewed my business license Motorking Automotive. We sell vehicles on consignment often returning 28-35% more than trade in to the customer and handle the entire process, Develop and deliver automotive technical training, Video scripting, acting and production, Automotive aftermarket and high performance consulting. I have really enjoyed my time on here, I was the captain of my debate team in high school and many of you have really given me a run
Cheers,
Jay Buckley
Motorking Automotive
[email protected]
248-808-4551

Jay, thank you for all your expert advice and comments here. This is just a bump in the road and I'm sure you will find something or settle into something that is worthwhile and productive.

Jay, Happy you can stick around. We have learned much from you. Its unfortunate that this happened to you. Stay positive!

Sorry to hear it, good luck. Thanks for all the posts over the years, I would say that you definitely helped the reputation of Fram on this board. The entire internet seems to hate Fram except for this board, where you just so happen to post.

Good luck with your business and I hope you succeed so you never have to get laid off again.

Sorry to hear that, Jay. Best of luck on your new old job. I hope something comes your way along the same lines of your former FRAM job.

Originally Posted by MParr
I hope something comes your way along the same lines of your former FRAM job.
How hilarious would it be if MANN/Hummel hired him to run damage control on BITOG?

Sorry to hear they did this, Jay. Ultimately, this will be their loss, as they have lost a very competent and positive voice in doing so. I'm sure you'll come out on top in the end.

Jay, best of luck in your new endeavors, whatever they may be. You are one of the reasons why I have purchased some Fram filters in the past few years, since I've been doing my own oil changes. I loved the fact that a company would have a representative be willing to go toe to toe in forums with its products' critics. Not sure I've seen that anywhere else.

Regardless, best of luck.

So should I be stocking up on the XG filters right now?
lol.gif

Sorry to hear the news Jay, I'm sure you'll do well for yourself though
thumbsup2.gif

I can vouch for Jay. He's helped me a number of times and always came through for me as he said he would. Very solid guy.
thumbsup2.gif
01.gif

Well, I guess that answers if the merger will cause job losses. Very sorry to hear about it, Jay.

How about a BITOG boycott of Fram in support of a guy who did a lot to promote Fram, and deserved their respect?

Originally Posted by Motorking
but I am forbidden from commenting on any FRAM or Autolite products due to a no compete agreement.

How do you think the "Orange Can Of Death" stacks up to it's Competitors ?

Originally Posted by maxdustington
How hilarious would it be if MANN/Hummel hired him to run damage control on BITOG?

Not with a similar industry non-compete agreement that would likely be enforceable in Michigan or other states. Wouldn't be enforceable in California, but it's kind of tricky if the employee was employed in another state. That non-compete agreement unenforceability is pretty ironclad (even in other states) if the employee was based in California.

I've never signed one except once for an employer that was based in another state. However, I knew it would basically be unenforceable. I was contracted to work at a large company, and the non-compete agreement basically said that I couldn't work in any capacity at the contracted company for a year except under them or with a release. However, I managed to land a job to work at that company through another contracting company. When I mentioned the non-compete agreement they told me it was unenforceable because I was based in California and if there was any problem they had good attorneys.

Good luck Motorking.

I was recently also severed as result of an acquisition, and while disruptive, transitions like this can lead to better situations. You will be fine!

Originally Posted by maxdustington

Can't do that until September, they made me sign a no compete agreement! Will definatly be checking into it

Don't do that, I am not here to promote that. I have many fine friends and associates who still work there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back