Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by wemay
lol.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Mobil-1 High Mileage in a vehicle with 10K on the odometer?........ I wouldn't / won't do it with my new Hyundai.
I know...... experts here say it's OK. But I ain't going inside their Camp.

Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with that. But it isn't just "experts" here, Mobil1, Valvoline, Havoline, Pennzoil, Quaker State etc., all do too.

Last edited:
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 6.4L

Out: Castrol 0w-40, FRAM XG2 filter
In: Ravenol SSL 0w-40, FRAM XG2 filter

Mileage at time of change: 39,875Km
Mileage on oil/filter: 8,663Km
OLM Percentage: 10% remaining

I took a sample of the Castrol to send off to Toromont for analysis. It was the 2nd OCI of it, so it should be pretty representative of "typical" for it in this engine.

1998 f250 light duty 5.4 liter.

I can't remember what oil i used last time im sure it's posted here somewhere. I think it was some variant of valvoline either synpower or durablend or maybe napa syn.

Anyways took off bosch 3402 distance plus and heres what i put in and on.

I only used the honey weiss to lube the filter
wink.gif

20190320_214608.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Black_Thunder

I can't remember what oil i used last time im sure it's posted here somewhere. I think it was some variant of valvoline either synpower or durablend or maybe napa syn.

wink.gif

Where did you find the Formula Shell synthetic in Wisconsin?

Originally Posted by WiskyBadger

wink.gif

They had it at Menards momentarily until they clearanced it out for 3 bucks a quart so I bought the remaining 20 or so quarts that they had. Never saw it anywhere else. It was weird they had just started stocking it and then boom it was on clearance.

wink.gif

MUCH better pic than mine. LOL Cheers

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
lol.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Mobil-1 High Mileage in a vehicle with 10K on the odometer?........ I wouldn't / won't do it with my new Hyundai.
I know...... experts here say it's OK. But I ain't going inside their Camp.

Different strokes for different folks. Nothing wrong with that. But it isn't just "experts" here, Mobil1, Valvoline, Havoline, Pennzoil, Quaker State etc., all do too.

Hey wemay, I'm thinking about M1 HM 10W30 for my next change, too!
I think that's a great choice for your hot climate.
Enjoy it!

06 Econoline e250
4.6 v8
Out: unknown, Napa proselect filter
In: acdelco 5/20, Napa gold filter

97 Camry
2.2 4 banger
Out: unknown, Napa gold filter
In: acdelco 5/30, Napa gold filter

12 tundra
5.7 v8
Out: Mobil super syn dexos 0/20, Napa gold filter
In: Mobil super syn dexos 0/20, Napa gold filter

wink.gif

They had it at Menards momentarily until they clearanced it out for 3 bucks a quart so I bought the remaining 20 or so quarts that they had. Never saw it anywhere else. It was weird they had just started stocking it and then boom it was on clearance.

I always used their conventional and wanted try the synthetic but have never seen it local.

2011 GMC 6.6L LML, 158 K KMS on truck, 14,700 on the oil. 12% left on OLM 205 hours.

Out; 5W40 T-6 and Fram Ultra.

In; 15W40 Rotella CK-4 and Wix filter.

Save the synthetic for winter. The 15W40 was too good of a deal to pass up, so I bought 4 pails last fall @ $59 Canadian each. (75% USD).

Other... someone forgot to check the oil for 3 weeks on a 16X645 EMD. It took a drum (205L) to get it on the dipstick, and another 160L to an inch below the full line.

wink.gif

I always used their conventional and wanted try the synthetic but have never seen it local.

Yeah i hadn't saw itlocal before either and now its gone unfortunately. Big fan of the conventional formula shell and have used it on and off since the pre-deposit shield havoline and tropartic where phased out.

I buy it usually when its on sale at menards. Menards did phase it out awhile back and are now stocking it again. They are weird about oil. They did the same thing with Super S and had National oil for awhile and now they have mainly shell oils. Valvoline and now FVP oil

Out: GC 0w40 with 8,665 miles on it on the BMW
In: more GC 0w40

No filter change (I now just change the Ultra filter every 30,000 km, so it's on a completely different schedule than oil changes)

2004 Toyota 4Runner, 183,753 miles

Out: 5w-30 Castrol GTX High Milege and Fram PH8A
3,317 miles on oil. Truck was mostly short tripped (less than 5 miles) each day.

In: 5w-30 PPHM and Toyota YZZD3 oil filter

2018 Z71 4WD 5.3L … 6500 mile OCI

Out/In … Mobil 1 EP 0w20
Off/On … AC Delco PF63E

Yesterday:

2016 Honda HR-V
25,855 miles on vehicle
6,466 miles/8 months on interval (15% OLM)

Out: Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20/Denso First Time Fit 150-1009
In: Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20/Purolator One 14610

my last 2 oil changes were 5023 miles exactly on the 2gr-fe. crazy. this time i put 5 quart pennzoil platinum 5w-30, 1qt quaker synthetic, and .5 qt castrol edge 0w-30. i never noticed before but the castrol was SL and the others were SN. does it matter?

1999 Volvo S70, 2.4 inline 5, 263,503 miles.

4500 mile OCI

Out:
mixture of conv. Citgo and Exxon 10w30 SL and conv. Mobil 10w30 SN., top up with 1 qt Mobil and 1 qt Harvest King 10w30 SN+
Champ PH2904

In:
6.1 qts Harvest King 10w30 SN+
Champ PH2904

Back