Found triple threat

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

1)MOA=motor oil additive
2)44K=concentrated fuel treatment
3)EPR=engine performance restoration

BG additives are all top notch products in my opinion.

That's about, what, $100 worth of additives you won't need if you're not always shopping for the cheapest price period on gas and oil regardless of the supplier quality.

Buy name-brand gas and perform reasonable-length oil and filter changes following manufacturer recommendations, then pocket and use the $100 you save for something nice for yourself.

BG may be "top notch" but band-aids-in-a-can are no replacement for proper care and feeding of a vehicle.

Agree with Subie. The fuel system cleaner id use, but thats about it. I dont see point in paying for something with no way of knowing whether it improves anything. Engine oil alone been working fantastically for me. No consumption and no issues. 165k and counting.

These BG products have their place. I have seen them work as advertised, EPR specifically. Seen and tested compression to rise after using this stuff per the directions.I was skeptical but it bumped compression. BG products are what they say they are , snake oil i will leave that too Lucas.

Originally Posted by Donald
Is the BG fuel system cleaner even a PEA based product?

Yes and its the strongest fuel injection cleaner on the market.

A number of years ago I had a 2008 Ford Mondeo 1.8TDCi. It was modified somewhat and used to give off a very slight smoke haze under load.

I worked close to home for 6 months, less than 5 miles and in that time I had no real opportunity to open her up and get it properly hot. The VNT turbo ended up sticking because of the soot build up. If I put my foot down I would get an overboost DTC and the car would go into limp mode.

I ran two cans of the BG 244 through the car over 2 tanks of fuel. After the 2nd tank I put my foot down up a long, hard incline. I couldn't see out of my rear view mirror, there was thick, black smoke pouring out of the exhaust through 3rd, 4th and it cleared up through 5th.

After that the engine run better than the day I bought it (although, it did have 87k on the clock and it was 3 years old when purchased). Despite using premium diesel (usually BP Ultimate of Shell V-Power) I started putting a can in with a full tank every 10k or so. Always a slight noticeable improvement with every can.

I think additives have their place and continue to use BG244 in my Volvo at regular intervals.

After my Mondeo I bought a brand new 2015 Focus 1.5TDCi. I used a can of BG 244 every 10k but never noticed much of an improvement. That said it was kept completely stock, had only premium diesels from day one and throughout it's 30 month/66,000mile life it led with me it spent most of it's life doing trips longer than 20miles and usually of speeds above 60mph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back