Honda st1300 LED light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any one can recomend LED buble to replace halogen Light H4..
I tried many difrent brands and they dont have the same displacment of the metal wings as the original H4

No such thing.
A halogen reflector housing is designed for a halogen bulb. An LED will not light properly. Period. Some may be close, but glard and decreased lighting will always exist, despite what people think they see (the human eye is terrible at judging light output).

^^^Exactly this^^^

A halogen lamp uses a filament for illumination, which has a perfect 360° radiation pattern. An LED emits light in a certain direction over a limited arc. You can use multiple LEDs to make a full arc but the area of the emitting surface is much wider than a fine filament.

You can find projector units that are designed to fit an H4 reflector, into which you can put an LED or HID emitter which the projector lens is designed to focus - this requires some effort and dismantling of the headlight casing though and you'd need to verify the legality in your state/country.

Philips extreme Ultinon gen2 is pretty decent in terms of lumens, correct beam pattern, no glare etc.I am using them in my H4 deflectors of my Ford. They are typically not street legal but they cause no problems whatsoever. They are on the market for about 4 months now. Do not buy gen1, gen2 is much much better in performance. They are passively cooled, no stupid fans, they consume 22watts. They are quite expensive though (almost 200 dollars for a pair). They are the highest quality on the market right now as far as I know.

I'm currently using a Philips X-tremeVision +100% H4 bulb in my '05 Kawasaki Vulcan 800, and I was going to purchase a Cyclops H4 10.0 LED bulb but didn't because I wasn't sure if the LED would cause too much glare in my reflector but from youtube reviews on the Cyclops 10.0 seem good

I don't want moving parts in my bulbs. Those cyclones are being cooled by fans. You can try the ultinon gen2 with confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back