ST 25-40 oil at WalMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw a jug of NMMA approved 25-40 Super Tech oil at WalMart. 16.95 vs 29.95 for Mercury brand. I think Warren makes both of them.

Yes!
My wife and I just saw the ST 25/40 too.
I would not hesitate to use the ST, its NMMA approved
The price cant be beat.

I had it in my hand wanting to purchase it but have so much Mystik JT8 15/50 still on hand from my Road King I am also going to use it in our boat. If it wasnt for that, I would have bought it.

Last edited:
Picked up a jug of that Supertech 25/40 today at Wallyworld. It was $13.97.

Oil change coming up soon on the 50 Mercury(holds 3 qts.) along with an XG7317.

Last edited:
It's a "synthetic blend".

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Why don't they show FC-W on the front ? Hope they do a 10w30 … my last change was Pennzoil Marine … but looks like they got out of the 4 stroke market …
I'm now out of warranty and can always use HDEO …

Cr+P your right, its a syn blend, my mistake. I was comparing it to Quicksilver which is the "gold" standard in 25/40 oil for no other reason then marketing,
Quicksilver is also a Synthetic Blend at around $30 a gallon (double the price of the ST)

Quicksilver has two products in 25/40, one is conventional and one is synthetic blend. They do not make a full synthetic so when referring to the ST oil I used the words Full instead of blend.

Isnt it interesting, high demand oils at times (even some mustangs) syn blends are recommended ... but thats a whole other subject that I care not to get into, except to say I dont use full synthetics in any car, truck, boat or motorcycle that I own or have owned :eek:)

Last edited:
My dad has a 200 Yamaha four stroke, it calls for either FCW 10W30 or 20W40, we have always ran the Yamalube 20W40, would it hurt to go just a lil thicker and use the ST 25W40?

Originally Posted by mobilaltima
My dad has a 200 Yamaha four stroke, it calls for either FCW 10W30 or 20W40, we have always ran the Yamalube 20W40, would it hurt to go just a lil thicker and use the ST 25W40?

It would be fine and not even a thought under any circumstance but even more so yours as you live in a southern state.

I saw this oil today. At $13.97 a gallon, this oil is a darn steal! The Quicksilver oil was over twice the price. This would also make a fantastic small engine oil for mowers, generators, pressure washers, and tractors and such.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Mobilaltima: I hope not , I have been running Evinrude Brand 25W/40 that I got on sale at WalMart in my Yamaha F200, I like it in FL because the oil pressure seems to hold up better.

Engine blow up yet?
LOL.
New to me 20hp mercury and I'm running quicksilver blend 25-40

Considering this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back