Disappearance and appearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappearing from my Wally World... Mobil 1 Annual Protection... Cut down vastly into only one single row for each one. Before there were multiple rows of each viscosity. Plus none are seen anyone the regular shelf area...

Appearing is the Havoline Pro DS .. . 2 rows of 5w30 and 5w20 Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy
lol.gif

I really do like Havoline Pro DS... My car now is running with a high mileage oil. My plan may well be to get a box of Havoline Pro DS and a box of Havoline synthetic blend high mileage. Use 3 qts of the HHM and 1 7/8 of the Havoline Pro DS 5w30.

Right now I have 2 qts of Peak full synthetic and 2 7/8 of Peak high mileage. The previous run I had 3 7/8 qts of Peak high mileage and 1 qt of Peak full synthetic. And the run before that it was all Peak high mileage. I don't mind mixing the oil from the same company that blended the two.

For $3.33 a qt for the Havoline Pro DS and the Havoline high mileage at $2.57 a qt it is a really good deal to be had.

I just did my OCI last week and switched to my summer oil this year its Havoline Pro DS 10w-30. I purchase it from Walmart on line. My local store has none in the store. I was really hoping they'd get in some of those 6 quart boxes. Maybe next week would be a good time to check them out again.

So far the Corolla seems very happy on the 10w-30.

There was no M1 5W30 AP last time I stopped at WM...there was space next to the 0W20/5W20, but it looked like they were making space for a different product as the price displays below the gap were not showing that elevated AP price.
Valvoline Modern Engine disappeared a while ago...

This confirms what I've seen lately at Wally's as well. VME and AP were gone. I didn't see any Havoline though. Yes it's available on their website but not in 0w20. Chevron really needs to step up on their marketing and distribution. The Smart Change idea is something I think will catch on.

Originally Posted by bbhero

I really do like Havoline Pro DS... My car now is running with a high mileage oil. My plan may well be to get a box of Havoline Pro DS and a box of Havoline synthetic blend high mileage. Use 3 qts of the HHM and 1 7/8 of the Havoline Pro DS 5w30.

Right now I have 2 qts of Peak full synthetic and 2 7/8 of Peak high mileage. The previous run I had 3 7/8 qts of Peak high mileage and 1 qt of Peak full synthetic. And the run before that it was all Peak high mileage. I don't mind mixing the oil from the same company that blended the two.

For $3.33 a qt for the Havoline Pro DS and the Havoline high mileage at $2.57 a qt it is a really good deal to be had.

Wally is selling the quart jugs of Havoline Pro DS for $3.33? If so, what's the quart price for Supertech Syn?

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
There was no M1 5W30 AP last time I stopped at WM...there was space next to the 0W20/5W20, but it looked like they were making space for a different product as the price displays below the gap were not showing that elevated AP price.

Castrol has done it the correct way. They changed their gold jug Castrol EP from 15K to 20K. That's what Mobil-1 should have done, by extending EP from 15K to 20K and not even introduce Mobil-1 AP

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Castrol has done it the correct way. They changed their gold jug Castrol EP from 15K to 20K. That's what Mobil-1 should have done, by extending EP from 15K to 20K and not even introduce Mobil-1 AP

I definitely agree with this.

Good point.

Originally Posted by wemay

^^^^^

Totally agree...

Funny because now Mobil 1 EP is prominently displayed
lol.gif

They moved it it where the AP was.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by wemay

^^^^^

Totally agree...

Funny because now Mobil 1 EP is prominently displayed
lol.gif

They moved it it where the AP was.

They have to keep prime product space. I agree they should have just upped it to 20K, but like SOPUS and others, they want to put as many products and brands as possible into the aisle to edge out the competitors.

Retails shelves are metal forests, every competitor edging out the others for sunlight. Many different ways to do that.

Walmart here is rearranging and cutting shelf space on many items. Had a hard time finding tooth brushes. Out of what I want. Haven't had the 3 pack of Colgate 8 oz Cavity Protection for months. Guess I will be going on-line for more items I have purchased from Walmart for thirty some years.

Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Walmart here is rearranging and cutting shelf space on many items. Had a hard time finding tooth brushes. Out of what I want. Haven't had the 3 pack of Colgate 8 oz Cavity Protection for months. Guess I will be going on-line for more items I have purchased from Walmart for thirty some years.

I've seen the same as well. The online business model is really taking off. They are probably updating all their stores to accommodate this.

Hmmmm, this probably explains what I've recently seen at the WM here in Vero. The AP jugs are still on the shelf, but now reduced to a "mere" $35 for five qts. Actually not a horrible price for five quarts of a top-quality syn these days, but also not too compelling -- when 5qt jugs of EP are sitting in the next space for just under $29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back