Redline releases Professional Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Redline Profeasional Series 5w40 has less ester, way less moly, and way less boron, than M1 0w40 FS. Although both have MB 229.5 approval.

UOA also indicates that M1 is the better oil with respect to wear numbers.

Last edited:
Been around for a while, I believe not all that long after CP acquired them. These are just your typical primarily group III products with OEM approvals, a lot like AMSOIL's XL line in some respects.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Been around for a while, I believe not all that long after CP acquired them. These are just your typical primarily group III products with OEM approvals, a lot like AMSOIL's XL line in some respects.

With all that said, I don't think either are worth the added expense and hassle of getting them.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

With all that said, I don't think either are worth the added expense and hassle of getting them.

I agree. I'll stick to PU from Walmart and have it delivered to the house free.

They have been on the Red Line web site for a while.

I find it interesting it tells me the Professional 5w-40 Euro with BMW LL-01 rating is not recommended for my 2003 BMW 330Ci.

Originally Posted by avi1777
wheres the noack?

Not many oil makers share Noack loss test results, unfortunately!

A quick peek at the MSDS for the 5W30 suggests that it is mostly Group III, although now I will have 20 posters railing on me for looking at the MSDS...it does seem like PAO shows up in oil MSDS' FWIW.

Originally Posted by shanneba

I find it interesting it tells me the Professional 5w-40 Euro with BMW LL-01 rating is not recommended for my 2003 BMW 330Ci.

Really? Red Line website actually says not to use it in the BMW 330Ci?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by shanneba

It says out of stock on the Redline website, one wonders if it isn't vaporware.

This Redline stuff is about comparable to walmart SuperTech dexos1 oil.
The 0w20 msds shows Group3 only.
Mobil1 Extended Peformance and Annual Protection 0w20 oils are mostly PAO, probably a better cheaper option. Easier to get.

Sorry, "vaporware" wasn't a good word. I know you can still find it for sale, I just meant I wonder if it has been discontinued and that is why they no longer recommend it.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
This Redline stuff is about comparable to walmart SuperTech dexos1 oil.
That's mouth-dropping news, if correct.
I'm talking about this Professional series SN GF-5 dexos1 oil. Its just a Group3 oil, nothing special, probably a commodity add package bought form Afton or Lubrizol just like Warren's SuperTech walmart dexos1 (AmazonBasics too) Group3 oil is. .....The euro-spec professional series Redline are comparable to any other 229.5 etc. oil for the standards they meet.
The traditional Redline racing oil is still different and high-performance enough to pay high bucks for, probably.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by PimTac
All they need now is a TRUCK oil.

LOL. Stay tuned.

Haha! Good one.

Originally Posted by wemay
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Originally Posted by PimTac
All they need now is a TRUCK oil.

LOL. Stay tuned.

Haha! Good one.

Stay tuned. I'll bet Phillip 66 is concocting something for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back