Oil recommendations for old car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after all the various opinions and many different suggestions, i think I'll be going with Rotella T4. Either 10W-30 or 15W- 40.
I have used T1 and then T4 in every motorcycle I have owned. Never disappointed.
I know that means nothing in an old car...but I think Rotella fits the purpose and at least I have positive experience with it.

Originally Posted by chromedome
Well, after all the various opinions and many different suggestions, i think I'll be going with Rotella T4. Either 10W-30 or 15W- 40.
I have used T1 and then T4 in every motorcycle I have owned. Never disappointed.
I know that means nothing in an old car...but I think Rotella fits the purpose and at least I have positive experience with it.

That will work

Originally Posted by chromedome
What oil would you gents recommend for a 1951 P!ymouth.
It has 53k miles. Motor never opened up.
I live on the NH/ME border. Car will only be run Mid- April thru end of Oct.

Many thanks

Lots of suggestions so far, most of which I agree with. Nothing wrong with a good SAE 30, or HDEO 10W30 or SAE 30 like Rotella, it's easy to find and at a good price. 15w40 in any reputable brand is also a good option. No additives needed. If oil pressure is low on 30 or 10w30 try 15w40, if still low try 20w50. I'd stay away from synthetics in it and keep the change interval short in the beginning as the oil may loosen up years of gunk. Depending on yearly mileage an annual oil change is probably sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back