Bank 1 on an Equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only have one bank, it's a 4 cylinder inline engine. They number the banks in case its a V6. Those codes are standardized and must cover inline engines and V's too

Last edited:
Usually bank 1 and 2 are for v6 engines? - - -

Give your dealer a quick call - they should be able to tell you.
parts of service....

You could also just replace both cam sensors - - - they other one might go soon anyway.

Intake and exhaust sensors - - -you only have 2 on a 4cyl

I am in the process of replacing my crankshaft position sensor - - -

I did my cams also - - -I have 4 - - because of the V6.

Such a pain
frown.gif

P0013 OBD-II Trouble Code: B Camshaft Position - Open or Short in Oil Control Valve (OCV)
P0013 is the OBD-II generic code indicating that the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the bank 1 exhaust camshaft OCV has an open or short circuit.
https://www.autoblog.com/2016/03/25/p0013-obd-ii-trouble-code-b-camshaft-position-open-or-short/
That one doesn't look like the exhaust camshaft position sensor itself. Instead, its pointing at the hydraulic oil circuit control valve actuation problem.
In other words, there is position sensing, and then there is actuation of the variable valve timing. OBDII compares commanded valve position to what the valve actually does, and triggers a failure if they don't match.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies

That one doesn't look like the exhaust camshaft position sensor itself. Instead, its pointing at the hydraulic oil circuit control valve actuation problem.
In other words, there is position sensing, and then there is actuation of the variable valve timing. OBDII compares commanded valve position to what the valve actually does, and triggers a failure if they don't match.

Yep,

Had to replace those twice on a 2.4 in a pontiac g6.. common issue. IIRC the parts were reasonable.. and very easy to install.

This is a common problem on the 2.4, the cam position actuator solenoids fail. Had to replace both the intake and exhaust on the wife's 2013 Equinox. Supposedly, the replacements have been redesigned to be more reliable. They are pretty easy to replace. They are underneath the plastic covers, and are close the the crank pulley end of the engine. The P0013 points to the exhaust side (intake and exhaust use different solenoids), and the exhaust is towards the rear. Loosen the hose clamp under the air intake resonator, and it just pulls off. Remove the oil filler cap, and pull the plastic cover off. Unlock the electrical connector, unplug it, and there's one bolt holding the solenoid in place. They just slide out, but get ready to catch some oil drips. I found the replacements on Amazon for about $30 apiece. Smear a little oil on the O-rings, slide it in, tighten the bolt, plug it back in, and replace the covers. There are helpful Youtube videos showing how to do these too.

Yup! Had to replace the intake cam position solenoid in my buddys '11 Nox 2.4. His engine was stalling every time he came to a stop. Easy job. It actually took longer to remove the engine shroud & TB breather/intake hose than it did to pop out the solenoid.

Thank you all , this helps, I found the other 2 solenoids that you are talking about.
I will replace them. I did find the cam position sensor also. It turned out to be towards the inside part of engine closer to the driver.
Thanks for clarifying the single bank on the 4 cylinder.
Thx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back