Valvoline 5w30 Synpower HSTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody knows the hths on the 5w30 synpower?
cant find anywhere.
tnx

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll say 3.1 +/- 0.1.
wink.gif

so very close to m1,wonder why people say that with valvoline the car consumes less oil.

Originally Posted by avi1777
so very close to m1,wonder why people say that with valvoline the car consumes less oil.

Do they say that?

was a post last week a guy with a mazda said that on hes car.maybe its specific car dependent.

Synpower is now called Advanced Full Synthetic in the US...note that the following link actually says "Fomerly marketed in North America as Synpower".
The PDS for AFS says HTHS=3.2 for the 5W30 and 10W30.

https://sharena21.springcm.com/Publ...bd3/3aa410a1-0bbd-e711-9c12-ac162d889bd1

I am thinking about trying the AFS 10W30 this summer now that it is SN+, 8% Noack loss sounds pretty good for a mass market motor oil...but I'm not sure I can find it at the WMs around me in that grade.
I see that Valvoline's FS HM with Maxlife is also SN+ and the Noack loss is similar at 7.8%, and I think that I could actually find that one easily.
Also have some interest in SN+ M1 10W30 HM with HTHS=3.5, but I haven't been able to find any Noack loss info for that one.

was a post last week a guy with a mazda said that on hes car.maybe its specific car dependent.

Uhhh yeah, it's wise not to conjure up entire narratives based on single anecdotes.

btw other subject,lspi is only in turbo charged cars not in a n.a right?

Correct.

I'm leaning in the direction that that lspi can occur in non-turbo DI engines in specific varieties and age.

BTW.... the new Valvoline Advanced in 5w30 is impressive. A most recent VOA exhibited a TBN of around 10. It's what's going in my 2019 Santa Fe 2.4 DI after the factory oil. I've stockpiled three brands (Castrol / Valvoline / Pennzoil) and Valvoline appears to deserve top-dog (1st Honor), based on a few VOAs I've read.

Because the latest & greatest oils (SN PLus D1/G2) are so new on store shelves, it's hard to base top honors on UOAs currently. Maybe in another six months or-so, we will have a better handle on what we like most.

But with every similar-built oil in 5w30, what I like and others here like, may be different.

Last edited:
many counter fit oils in israel u really need to know where to buy from btw,
apparently its a world wide problem.

believe thats for diesel

As long as your fuel is low sulfur, it's good for both diesel and gasoline engines.

Like said before, Valvoline Advanced (aka SynPower) is dexos1 Gen2 SN Plus with HTSH of 3.2 and Noack of 9.3 and has moly in the add pack and doesn't show signs of much shearing from use (as shown by UOAs on this site). Don't know what else you'd be looking for in a motor oil. Just buy some and try it out instead of going in circles for months ... LoL.

for weeks not months ... .
i bought a car that was serviced in jan so will wait till july to do it.cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back