March madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go ahead and get this out of the way...I've been a Duke fan since I was 12 years old
cool.gif
. I'm hoping coach K will get his 6th national championship in this years NCAA tournament. ABC fan really....Anybody But Carolina! I also realize there's a lot of Dookie haters out there. Who are you rooting for?

St. Mary's over Villanova on Thursday...a replay of 2010. Unfortunately, I don't think the Gaels have the same caliber team but it's pegged at a 50/50 toss up.

No expectations beyond the first or second rounds even if they did beat Gonzaga late in the year.

Well, West Virginia didn't make it into the tournament this year, so...

Second choice either the Montana Grizzlies or maybe Wofford. I tend to root for the underdogs.

OP:

Walk away from the dark side. Dark blue bad......Carolina blue good.... ABD

Just messing with you dude. The ACC semi last week may be a preview of coming attractions. I think Duke & Carolina have their best shot of both making it to the FF than in quite a few years.

But man....duke?

Actually I'm an NC State fan here. Son is a freshman @ NCSU. They should have made the tournament but a loss to W Forest and G Tech said otherwise. But 5 of their 9 ACC losses were to NCAA #1 seeds. Good new is Coach Keatts seems to be building NC State back into a respectable ACC team. He just has a little more work to do.

Last edited:
Rooting for my Boilermakers (an admitted pipe dream).
I always cheer on any team from the Big10 in the Dance; like to see the conference do well.

Last edited:
I'm rooting for whatever team is playing Oklahoma. I grew up an Oklahoma State fan and attended school there, so my dislike for OU runs deep. Unfortunately, OSU had a really poor season after dismissing 3 players before the season began, leaving them just 6 scholarship players all year. Hopefully they bounce back next year. I miss the days when OSU had a dominant basketball program.

Unless Zion has another blowout, Duke is the team to beat. Hoping Virginia does it's regular tournament faceplant, UC somehow gets by Tennessee, can muscle into the Final Four! I know, I'm dreaming!

….I've been a Duke fan since I was 12 years old....
No accounting for taste. However, with no less than three first round draft picks in the starting line up, Dook should win it all. Anything less will be a FAIL for the University of NJ at Durham.

Not really pulling for anyone, like to see close games. That said, wouldn't be upset if the team ~10 miles south on 15/501 from Dook won it.

A number 1 seed UVA is down by 12 early to 16 seed Gardner Webb! 16 seed UMBC sent the Cavs home early last year, the first time in NCAA tournament history A number one seed had lost to a 16 seed. Dejavu all over again?

Last edited:
Well my team is out already, Cincinnati. Trying to find a new team to root for now. As mentioned WVU didn't make it in nor did Xavier.

Originally Posted by gman2304
A number 1 seed UVA is down by 12 early to 16 seed Gardner Webb! 16 seed UMBC sent the Cavs home early last year, the first time in NCAA tournament history A number one seed had lost to a 16 seed. Dejavu all over again?

Virginia wakes up and does what it should have done... Win by 15.... A 29 point turn around...

One may well remember Virginia ranked #1 with Ralph Sampson by the way lost to a division 3 college called Chaminade.... Now after last year Uva owns the two biggest upsets in college basketball history.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back