Searched around to see if this oil had been dicussed lately
Did find anything
Everybody running it ?🤔

I'm not everybody, but I'm running it.
wink.gif

Sorry sorry
Big typo 🙄
Anybody is what I meant to say
Thanks for your reply, Am I correct in thinking that this Rotella and the NEW Rotella Gas Truck oil pretty much go hand in hand except for maybe the diesel aspect of the T6 formulation
Just seems to me one oil would do the job instead of two that appears to be alot alike
Thanks

Yeah the best way to get it is to order from walmart.com. I am either looking at that or possibly the 5w40 T6 for my ecoboost to see how they do.
I hear great things about the 5w40 version

Only thing possibly wrong with MultiVehicle 5w30: No moly. (Actually, only 3 ppm showed up on a VOA, almost not there!) Normal levels in oil are around 50 ppm, and I'm using a 0w20 SN oil that has 900 ppm built in. I'm a moly fan.
There are friction modifiers that don't show up on a VOA that might be there, unknown. Anybody know what, if any, FM they could be using?

I see the usual suspects have already answered.

I don't think t6multi will be around very long in the states. SGT pretty much covers that aisle shelf space. Diesel fleets will be more apt to stay t6. Who knows. Mine will get other options.

The new Rotella Gas Truck 5W-30 has a stout amount of moly, 160pm or so.
Check out the VOA section for more info.

My Walmart where I live has Rotella gas for $23.95 for a 5 quart jug with $10 rebate great buy per quart

Originally Posted by BLND1
I don't think t6multi will be around very long in the states.

I will wager it's not going anywhere. I can't speak about retail shelf space, but I would find it extremely hard to believe that Shell would choose to be the only major oil company in the world to not have an E6 option available. Considering Mobil, Chevron, Castrol, Total, Petronas, and Petro-Canada have had them available (and in most cases for longer than Shell has) and since ACEA E6 is an important aspect of certain builder approvals, particularly more recent ones, it's not going anywhere. Shell is just the only one that's seen the wisdom of pushing the E6 lubricant for mixed fleet usage. Mobil certainly pushed it with other portions of their Delvac 1 line, but it didn't translate into the Delvac 1 LE literature. Castrol's E6 variant is perplexingly not SN or SM for the CJ-4 version, at least. There's really not much to dislike about a 5w-30 in E6. I have higher HTHS. I have appropriate cold weather performance. I don't have to fuss about excessive phosphorus (not that I did before anyhow).

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Only thing possibly wrong with MultiVehicle 5w30: No moly.

Remember that at least one iteration of a notable diesel OEM spec prohibited moly, so when I see an HDEO, I expect there to be no moly.

Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Only thing possibly wrong with MultiVehicle 5w30: No moly. (Actually, only 3 ppm showed up on a VOA, almost not there!) Normal levels in oil are around 50 ppm, and I'm using a 0w20 SN oil that has 900 ppm built in. I'm a moly fan.
There are friction modifiers that don't show up on a VOA that might be there, unknown. Anybody know what, if any, FM they could be using?

VOAs mean nothing, oil is more complicated then 4 compounds that they show.

Piston Aircraft - Shell 20/50 aviation oil contains no moly or anti-wear agents tested in any VOA, Im sure the little eggbeater automobile engine will do fine or even better without it.

Bottom line, Rotella meets the same SN requirements of any oil.

Last edited:
I also use it in my Ram 5.7. I like to tow in the summer and we are in a valley so everything us uphill so a stout oil for me is a must. As for the moly I "Dope" it with a good slug of the MOS2. I think I have a very good stout oil for the summer with this mix. And as for ease of purchase I order it through the Canadian Napa Online system. Usually overnight and I pick it up at the nearby Napa store.

Last edited:
I have used this oil with great results in my Hyundai GDI, I know several people who like using it in their Subaru TGDI engines like that of the WRX and Forester XT. Very stout and shear stable, I also like the fact that it is low Moly. I am doing some research into a possible connection between high moly oil and oil consumption.

Back