Can I Use Maple Syrup Instead Of Oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I Use Maple Syrup Instead Of Oil ? This guy did.
lol.gif

That is CORN SYRUP. Only get Grade A maple from the Northeast, the best.

Somebody do the above test with STP Blue bottle. How long will a engine last with straight STP, it is as thick as honey.

You can't believe anything from anyone who doesn't know the difference between maple syrup and corn syrup — or can't read.

I, on the other hand, can say definitively that 0W30, with less glug, tastes better on pancakes than does 10W30 — unless it's Royal Purple on blueberry pancakes. Then all bets are off.

I can tell why his engine blew up, that wasn't real maple syrup. I run my maple "seer-up"<--NY for 10k intervals.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
In your rig of course you can send us a report in 10,000 miles

Better make that 1000 miles....if you watched to the end the car caught on fire.

Darn, everyone already beat me to the punch! That's just cheap "table syrup." Why, with fine $60/gallon maplesyrup, you should be able to drive for, well, miles! A few of them anyway. And my goodness, how much better that engine would smell, as it's being hauled up onto the flatbed, if they'd used actual maple syrup instead.

I mean, this engine-killing clownery is bad enough, but to kill fine machinery, and not even allow it the dignity of death by real maple syrup -- the basest of amateurs!
sick.gif

Originally Posted by ekpolk
Originally Posted by JLTD

Better make that 1000 miles....if you watched to the end the car caught on fire.

Aren't you being generous today!

whistle.gif

(1000 sounded better than 200)

Originally Posted by PandaBear
Maple syrup cost a lot of money, you should use engine oil instead.

No doubt!! Maple syrup is close to $10 a bottle,but it sure is good!!

No smarter than the people who put WD-40 in the engine. Yes it ran for a while. In the end motor caught on fire and blew up. Dumb.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
Originally Posted by PandaBear
Maple syrup cost a lot of money, you should use engine oil instead.

No doubt!! Maple syrup is close to $10 a bottle,but it sure is good!!

As we discussed in an earlier thread, the best maple syrup is from Quebec.
The engine would not have blown if he used Quebec male syrup.
laugh.gif

I'm thinking real maple syrup would leave a tribofilm. The corn syrup stuff just carbonizes at the first sign of heat.

You Tube is full of nincompoops willing to make themselves look stupid to the dozens who watch their vehicles.

Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
aquariuscsm said:
As we discussed in an earlier thread, the best maple syrup is from Quebec.

The engine would not have blown if he used Quebec male syrup.
laugh.gif

That's dirty.
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

Originally Posted by oldhp
No smarter than the people who put WD-40 in the engine. Yes it ran for a while. In the end motor caught on fire and blew up. Dumb.

But the pistons were clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back