not sure what spark plugs to buy now

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all i have an 09 sierra with the 4.8 vortec.
its time for new spark plugs but im a bit confused.
acdelco no longer makes the 41-985 plugs ive read their new part number is 41-110 however when i go on the rock auto website it lists 41-162 for my truck. i have done alot of looking online including the acdelco website. i cant figre out if they are different plugs or if its just another updated part number. im pretty sure the are all iridium plugs so i dont think thats the difference.
thanks for any advice on this.

2007 Classic models back use 41-962 - double platinum.
2007 new models forward use 41-110 iridium.

Google it and I think you will find it somewhere.
I remember reading that when I changed mine.

I'd swing by an actual parts store, old plug in hand. I've found they usually have a good cross reference - and if you talk to a knowledgeable guy (hard to find I know) they'll get you set up with the right temperature plug.

I put NGK Iridium-IX in the Pilot V6 over 105,000 miles ago, and my mechanic put NGK Double Platinums in to replace them last month. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either (as long as the heat range is OK).

thanks everyone. i went ahead and called the parts department at the dealership. gave them my vin # and he said its the 41-162 he said the 110s aren't even listed for my truck not sure what the 2 part numbers are all about. am a bit curious what you dont like about the iridiums das_peikko not trying to start a huge debate just like hearing different opinions I dont have a biased view on either as of yet.

ACDELCO quit making the double platinums for my car. In an effort to stay with the OEM brand, I went with ACDELCO iridiums.

The engine has never ran as well as it did with the factory original double platinums. Not as much power and not as much gas mileage. Next time up will be the best double platinums that NGK makes.

Whatever NGK makes that's correct for year and engine model is what I'd do OR whatever came new from the factory

I just bought Champion Iridium OEM replacements for the Wife's Pentastar minivan. I haven't bought a Champion plug in 30 years, I am a NGK/Denso person. I was overwhelmed by too many choices and just opted for factory OE plugs. The ones I removed had 50K miles and looked pretty good and the gaps were still good. I had the intake off for an unrelated repair and figured may as well change them while I had access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back