A little help with a 2010 Santa Fe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

Just thought I would ask for a hand - - - I am replacing a crankshaft position sensor on a 2010 Santa Fe 3.5 V6 this week.

I know where the sensor is located but I am not sure what I need to remove in order to get at it.

Would anyone have access to service manuals or pics to help me out?

Thanks
NM

There is one bolt and then it just pulls out, sometimes using a flat screwdriver between the engine and the sensor to gently pop it out initially helps as the sealing o-ring can be stubborn.

Last edited:
Thanks - - just wondering what, if anything, I need to remove to get at the dang thing?

Originally Posted by nicholas
Thanks - - just wondering what, if anything, I need to remove to get at the dang thing?

I don't know what's in the way unfortunately. I'm familiar with the engine and the sensor but not in a 2010 Santa Fe configuration and I'm on the road at the moment and don't have access to my dad's service information.

It is located between the block and the auto trans.
Any help would be great. We have a 1 year old at home and $$$ is super tight.

Going to the dealer is not really an option. They are useless for help to DIY.

Thanks

With a name like st. nicholas, that's a Hyundai Santa Claus.... ho-ho-ho...
On the Hyundai forums, scroll down to the post by "wrongpfh" where there are pdf files to look at for component location. You need to join that forum to view those pdf files.
https://www.hyundai-forums.com/sm-2...ft-crankshaft-position-sensors-3-5l.html
user "cabland" said "1. Camshaft position sensor - You can remove the upper forward bank of the plastic timing cover and get to it. You will likely need to undo the power steering reservoir and a couple of other electrical connector brackets to give your self some wiggle remove, but it is pretty easy to get to (relatively speaking). Held on by two 10 mm bolts (same with most of the other bolts for this job)."

Last edited:
The link is for a 2004 SF 3.5 - - - My 2010 Crank position sensor is in a completely different location.

Thanks guys and gals - - - It turns out the front engine mount is on the way out....Lots of cracks and lots of movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back